Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4067 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 3067 3567 3967 4017 4057 4066 4067 4068 4077 4117 4167 ... LastLast
Results 40,661 to 40,670 of 44177

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Ooooooo purty, shiny shiny

Joe

Wow, those are bright! It looks like they did a really good prep job (or you did)

I am curious why you chose chrome over nickle plating?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Wow, those are bright! It looks like they did a really good prep job (or you did)

I am curious why you chose chrome over nickle plating?
    Steve, I am doing a machine as an example of an "Over The Top Restoration" to show what is possible. In this case, it was about the same cost for Nickel as it was for Chrome. I opted to go with the extreme.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Grant, I can't wait to see the rest of the show!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Grant, I can't wait to see the rest of the show!!!
    Miriam, I might need to make a Dust Cover for this machine when it is done. I made this one for a friend's Typewriter. I think I like it. Here is the sad 66 with bad paint but new chrome.
    ~G~

Name:  Dustcover.on.machine.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  1.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Steve, I am doing a machine as an example of an "Over The Top Restoration" to show what is possible. In this case, it was about the same cost for Nickel as it was for Chrome. I opted to go with the extreme.~G~
    Makes sense then. That's cool. I have always (even when I was into restoring old cars) thought that chrome was too bright or cold looking (weird, I know). I like nickle though. I even had one of my first armor helms electroless nickle plated (it cost me a 12 pack of home-brewed beer) 15 years later is is still clean as a whistle. The electroless process leaves the surface less reflective, which would not be so helpful here.

Help! Identify this Treadle Machine

Name:  100_0091.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  1,021.8 KBCan anyone help me identify this machine I recently acquired. I cannot find any identifying markings on it anywhere.
    Thank you.

It's a Standard Vibrating Shuttle similar to the Minnesota L they made for Sears.

Jon

Blog Entries
    The 'green' Kenmore at SA was turquoise with the Kenmore in very large chrome letters. Not one I've seen before. Needs cleaning and oiling, but I bet it sews. It had a very low presser foot and was missing the snap on part. The slide plate was in terrible condition - all rough, but the machine was in good condition, just dirty. Hmmm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Hi! Does anyone happen to have a Brother 1681 machine? I am looking at one for a reasonable price but I don't have any Brothers (or brothers~~oldest of six girls!).
    Now that is one I don't have, I could fix you up with a different Brother though...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill