Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4072 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 3072 3572 3972 4022 4062 4071 4072 4073 4082 4122 4172 ... LastLast
Results 40,711 to 40,720 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Miz Johnny, we have muddled along by ourselves without you, but jeeeeze it is good to have you back! Most of us have acquired quite a list of new to us machines too. I think you still beat most of us on total number of machines though! Except, maybe Miriam, she has a lot of machines! I am down to about 50!

Nancy
    I don't even know how many machines I have - well over 100 - most of them just need good homes.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Yankeegirl, welcome! Your 'Bette' cabinet is in very nice shape. I also have a 'Betty.' My 'Betty' is the Vertical Feed version? What is your 'Bette?'

Nancy
    I am embarassed to say that I don't know. I will be stopping by the shop this weekend and will get some pics of her. Guess I was a little to excited lol. You have a wonderful collection of machines! I have been reading from page one (I know - crazy!!) and have watched your collection grow. Will let you know what I find out on Saturday.
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Miz Johnny. Glad to see you again. Thanks for the info. on the bobbin tire.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Miriam, I was looking on the net at different machines and I thought this one matched yours. Here is the picture and whats written under it. (This is another fantastic Visetti. These made by Toyota machines are built as well or better than the popular European brands such as Bernina, Pfaff, Viking, Necchi and Elna of the same era.
    This machine now sews in Norfolk, VA.) doesn't look as if it uses cams tho.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Picture again:
    Name:  odds and ends in February 019.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  131.1 KB
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I can see similarities! IMHO that is one well made machine. I really like it. It is reasonably simple inside and well machined. I wonder what disks it uses.

Miriam,

Next time we come over to Indy we'll bring the unidentified set of cams and if you'll have all your machines out that need cams perhaps we can make a match.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe, I don't know if I want you to come until AUGUST. Every time you think you are coming here it snows. You must have been remotely thinking about it yesterday. We must have gotten 3 or 4 inches overnight.

Miriam,

Guilty as charged. But that storm passed right over us and we got just some fine icy stuff that briefly turned the ground white then melted. By tomorrow we'll be outside working on the Pathfinder getting ready for next week.

Joe

Blog Entries
    It is suppose to warm up for the week end - the stuff should mostly melt and leave the mountains in the parking lots looking weird.