Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4083 of 4399 FirstFirst ... 3083 3583 3983 4033 4073 4082 4083 4084 4093 4133 4183 ... LastLast
Results 40,821 to 40,830 of 43990

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
    Great price--you should buy it!! BTW, this is a Victor and not a Victory, and worth more than the asking price. (That's my non-expert opinion.)
    Last edited by Miz Johnny; 03-22-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Miz Johnny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    Great price--you should buy it!! BTW, this is a Victor and not a Victory, and worth more than the asking price. (That's my non-expert opinion.)
    I'd bet that machine is sold! Anyway, if I were any where near there - I'd already own it!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I'd bet that machine is sold! Anyway, if I were any where near there - I'd already own it!

Nancy
    I would, too; even though I have sworn off machines for a while.
    Miz Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    My children are such enablers. My youngest daughter showed up today with a set of White irons - no machine. Not sure what she expects me to do with them and I don't know enough about such things to know if they are complete. I need to put them beside a 'good' set for comparison. I do have a White Family Rotary portable on which I don't like the looks of the wiring.
    Post up a photo of them. I have several White Treadles all different irons. I'll be happy to take a look and see if I notice anything out of place or missing.

HELP! I'm wondering if any of you have a great idea for finding a feed dog for a Universal Model 5510. I'm guessing it's from the '60's or '70's and was made in Japan for Standard Sewing Equipment Corp. I posted separately under the machine name (pics are there), but thought I should post here too. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    HELP! I'm wondering if any of you have a great idea for finding a feed dog for a Universal Model 5510. I'm guessing it's from the '60's or '70's and was made in Japan for Standard Sewing Equipment Corp. I posted separately under the machine name (pics are there), but thought I should post here too. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    picture?????
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thanks Miriam. Here are some pics. Universal 5510 Pictures:

Name:  Full Shot Resized.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  409.9 KBName:  Manual Cover Resized.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  368.7 KBName:  dogs resized.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  325.1 KB

I looked through hundreds of pictures of feed dogs for sale. This one is the closest I could come and it looks very similar to what is in my machine. It says it's for a Bernina but doesn't list any other applications. Is there any way to know if it'll work?

Sewing Machine Feed Dog 0102225000 - Bernette, Bernina

Here's a pic of my dog:

Name:  Feed Dog Resized.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  133.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Is that rust on there or dried up oil? You may be able to clean it up. Try using a solvent on there - if it dried up oil it will dissolve. If it is rust you need to to get some evapo-rust from Harbor Freight or use a little vinegar on a tooth brush and clean it up. You might be surprised how well things can clean up.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill