Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-02-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I wanted to add a few more pictures. Hope y'all don't mind.
You have a jewel Linda!!! I have always loved the embossed Whites and one of these days I will have one! It is amazing the condition it is in and the nickel plating is gorgeous!!!

But I think it would look better in my house than yours......

Billy
Sorry,
but I am pretty sure Bikini Bottom is a little too far away. Besides, I fell pretty hard for this one and my hubby loves it too.

Do you think its production' ok' date is 1931? :XD: :XD: :XD:
Old 05-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jody 38
Here's some pictures of my old white sewing machine.
Jody that sure is a fine machine you have there!! It looks to be in great order and would be a great addition to anyones collection!!!

I just want to know where you guys are finding these great machines?

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Banned

I wanted to add a few more pictures. Hope y'all don't mind.
You have a jewel Linda!!! I have always loved the embossed Whites and one of these days I will have one! It is amazing the condition it is in and the nickel plating is gorgeous!!!

But I think it would look better in my house than yours......

Billy
Sorry,
but I am pretty sure Bikini Bottom is a little too far away. Besides, I fell pretty hard for this one and my hubby loves it too.

Do you think its production' ok' date is 1931? :XD: :XD: :XD:
That sounds close but I have not the foggiest idea how to date the Whites. I think they started that model around 1927 so it is possible for it to be a '31.

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Katia
I am pretty sure it is not aluminum, it is dang heavy! It looks kinda bad in the pictures, but that is mostly dust. The underneath is pristine.

Thanks so much, I was pretty excited. Now I just want to use it. But I need to buy needles and all that. I hope I can get it to run right so I can use it.
It souldnt take much to get it running like new. Also be careful with the wicks under the bed. Sometimes if they have been out of oil for a length of time they become brittle.

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Hello everyone! I have been lurking since this thread started.... What a wonderful place to spend a few minutes! Can someone look at this CL add and tell me if this is worth 100 dollars... money is tight.

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/atq/1720039746.html
Old 05-03-2010, 01:47 AM

I could not find the thread as well. Where did you post this thread (New(old ) treasure)????
Old 05-03-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
Hello everyone! I have been lurking since this thread started.... What a wonderful place to spend a few minutes! Can someone look at this CL add and tell me if this is worth 100 dollars... money is tight.

Hi Annalee! :) Call and ask if the machine runs, and if you can go look at it. When you call, ask for the serial number of the machine, and then look it up just to confirm the date that he gives. When you go look at the machine, if the looks of it are important to you, then check for nicks and knocks...and the decals. (I personally, don't mind worn decals on the bed of the machine...means it was used and loved!)

When you're satisfied that the machine is something you'd want to have, offer him $50...he's most likely going to be willing to settle for $75, or if he's firm about $100, and you want the machine, then it's worth it! (No machine is worth more than you're willing to pay)
Old 05-03-2010, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
I could not find the thread as well. Where did you post this thread (New(old ) treasure)????
:) You'll find it here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44731-1.htm#1015730
Old 05-03-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jody 38
Here's some pictures of my old white sewing machine.
Jody that sure is a fine machine you have there!! It looks to be in great order and would be a great addition to anyones collection!!!

I just want to know where you guys are finding these great machines?

Billy
How do I go about finding the manufacturing date on my White? It's been so long ago that I bought the maching, I don't remember where I got it.
I'll start spraying WD40 on it today, in hopes to free it up.

Thanks for all the input, this is such a good place to get really good information...

Jody

:-)
Old 05-03-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter

Good morning Annalee, It is hard to tell from the pictures. My habit is to email the person and ask them if they would be able to take pictures from all four sides, up close and also I ask for the serial number and model. Almost everyone sends me great pictures. Then, I can decide if I want to go take a closer look and make up my mind as to what price I want to offer. I agree with what Charlee had to say about offering low and then deciding if it means enough to you to settle in between or go for that person's asking price. Hope this helps. Have a great day! ;-) ;-) ;-)