Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4100 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 3100 3600 4000 4050 4090 4099 4100 4101 4110 4150 4200 ... LastLast
Results 40,991 to 41,000 of 43739

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping others would post "progress" pictures of their "un-savable" machines as well.
    I have my current project on there but it is going slow and I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. I will post updated photos of it there when I have something new to show you there.
    ~G~

Steve,
    Wow!! Your Frister & Rossmann is beautiful! Just stunning!
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    ...I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. ~G~
    Boy, some folks will come up with the lamest excuses!!! Congrats! Totally worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Boy, some folks will come up with the lamest excuses!!! Congrats! Totally worth the wait...
    Yea, it is lame. Sorry, that is NO excuse. I waited twenty years after my divorce to find the real, right one. Yup, Worth the wait. But I did get done with a Japanese ZZ machine today. It was giving me fits and had a gremlin in it. I always put in a brand new needle when I get a machine. I did that with this one too. It was a defective needle that must have been bent slightly. I couldn't figure out why it was skipping stitches. Bad needle. So my Stitchmaster is done but it does not qualify. Doh......
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Steve, I am really regretting that I didn't go for that F & R machine! What a beauty! But, I am glad you are the new steward of that machine.

Laura, nice looking Necchi!

I have not had time to visit a lot lately. Too busy with the care of my FIL. But, on an almost good note I bought another FW today. I shouldn't have bought it, but I felt sorry for the poor machine! It is a 1938 with the scroll face plate, case, attachments, bobbins, new foot controller and wiring, but someone either shipped the machine or just dropped it because the bobbin winder is broken off along with part of the hand wheel. It was really dumb of me to buy it - I paid $125. I figured the foot controller, plug, case, attachments, etc., were worth that much. I say 'I' shouldn't have bought it because it is going to bug me that it looks nasty with the broken HW/missing bobbin winder! I am hopeless! I don't think it would even be a candidate for a re-paint because part of the 'body' is missing!

On a good note, the missing bobbin winder/broken chipped off HW section doesn't affect its running ability . . . . . . just looks ugly. Why did I buy it????? I will post photos as soon as I can!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 04-01-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Steve, I am really regretting that I didn't go for that F & R machine! What a beauty! But, I am glad you are the new steward of that machine.Nancy
    Nancy, thanks. I'm glad too! hehe The decals are what needlebar refers to as "Red Lillies"

I am now practicing my "japanning" with a purpose.... when I have the skill, I will patch up the black areas. Luckily there does not seem to be much of any damage to the decals.

Pre-Post teaser....

In addition to making a few slide plates, I will be taking some pictures tonight of the beginnings of our MOP tests.

I purchased a batch of (25) 1/2" x 1/2" blanks of Mother of Pearl from a local inlay supplier.
    I have designed 5 shapes, Sun, Flower, Compass Rose, Leaf, and Butterfly to be able to cut at that size.

Name:  MOP Designs.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  87.0 KB

Tonight my DD and I will be doing the cutting using our jewelers saws.

Tomorrow we glue them down to a test base, and start painting and painting followed by sanding and sanding.

(Fingers crossed)
    Last edited by SteveH; 04-01-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have my current project on there but it is going slow and I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. I will post updated photos of it there when I have something new to show you there.
    ~G~
    Wow Grant, congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    ~G~
    Congratulations!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Wow Grant, congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Nancy
    Nancy and Miriam, Thank you.
    ~G~