Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4162 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 3162 3662 4062 4112 4152 4161 4162 4163 4172 4212 4262 ... LastLast
Results 41,611 to 41,620 of 44024

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Karen,

If it's a crinkle it's obvious. They are like bull dogs, so ugly you just gotta love 'em.
    But it could still be a -13. Many machines were refinished by authorized Singer shops and the factory during and after WW II. And they generally used the black crinkle paint on them.

Joe
    Thank You Joe, My mom's first sewing machine, Singer (1954 yr) she got new when my brother Joe was born, was a brownish crinkle. It became my first machine.I pasted it on to Joe's wife when he got married so this little guy is in memory of it. It will be my only crinkle. The texture bothers me, besides I love the beautiful decals and shiny black paint of all the others

~Karen

Blog Entries
    I'm the same way about that texture on a sewing machine - it just ain't right...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Me too! I think, for me at least, it is because the machine never really looks clean...ugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I'm the same way about that texture on a sewing machine - it just ain't right...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    Me too! I think, for me at least, it is because the machine never really looks clean...ugh!
    it's not even that - it just doesn't feel right or something - I have a bunch in the shop I can't even bring myself to work on
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

After I work on this one my fingers feel like I have been using muted sandpaper,I can live with it for a short time, then have leave and do something else.

Awww come on now, they aren't that bad. I've got a bunch of crinkles in several colors and if you use a soft cloth, tooth brush and oil they clean right up.

Maybe it's a guy thing ..... I like 'em.
    Joe

Blog Entries
    Oh my! The spousal unit just got back with my new machine...a 15-30 (?) in a #24 cabinet. Serial # AB084394 There's a shine on the front edge of the machine, but no chips, and the decals are perfect!
    Gonna have to replace the top of the cabinet tho...looks like Fido had a snack...and there are a couple of healthy chunks of veneer gone from the inside surface when it's open that will have to be fixed too.Name:  15-30.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  27.9 KB
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Beautiful machine. I'll bet it sews as good as it looks.

The cabinet corner looks like a rodent of some sort gnawed on it. I'm curious how your gonna fix it.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Awww come on now, they aren't that bad. I've got a bunch of crinkles in several colors and if you use a soft cloth, tooth brush and oil they clean right up.

Maybe it's a guy thing ..... I like 'em.
    Joe
    I agree with Joe I like the godzilla finish. Reminds me of a football LOL
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Joe, I think I'm going to have to replace that wood...the whole top. I'll try a filler and see if I can make it look decent, but I'm already thinking that I will probably have to have it replaced. You can see the one chunk of veneer missing under the handwheel, and there's another larger one on the inside of the lid. The base of the cabinet is in great shape...it's got the embossed #24 cabinet...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com