Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4170 of 4409 FirstFirst ... 3170 3670 4070 4120 4160 4169 4170 4171 4180 4220 4270 ... LastLast
Results 41,691 to 41,700 of 44088

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    I would think it'd be ok to post the drawer goodies in the machine photos thread...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Nancy I agree with you. I have taken care of several estates. I joke with the kids every time I bring something home. I tell them that I want to be sure they can have a good sale when the time comes. Now with my new interest in treadles they are getting nervous. My husband already collects antique cartridges and has quite a collection.

Sarah is sewing again. She's a 1941 15 and my favorite machine because she sings. Weird, but I'm sensitive to sound, Sarah makes the music of the machine.

Anway, she was making a weird whirring sound when starting. Maybe the motor was going. So today I removed the motor and noticed the pulley looked, well, broken. Rita, a 1923 Redeye, donated her pulley and we are back in business.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Video for how to make a decorative but simple pieced sewing machine cover of fabric, for any machine, based on machine's measurements:
    http://youtu.be/3ALwwH_F1FU

Not to insult anyone, but this one is suitable for beginners imo.

Blog Entries
    Been a long long time since I roamed these rooms...How is everyone? I'm wondering if a Bernina 801 is old enough to put on here as at least vintage? I know nothing about them, except Bernina is a big name in machines and this one I picked up at good will with the book, the table top, one bobbin, in this really nice plastic case. Has 8 different stitches and all work! Sewed a little rough until I took it apart and found "cotton candy" as the DGD called it! Cleaned it out and oiled it up and after a minor operator error had it running very well. It cost me a whole $10 "as is"!! I'm super pumped about it!! Hope it was/is old enough to brag about on this forum!! LOL!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

A Bernina for $10? You did great and I think of that machine as being vintage. Great Score! Enjoy her.

I love the Bernina's...I have two 801's, one grey and the other red...nice machine.

Just had to share this with y'all. My friend went to a yard sale over the weekend and picked up THREE vintage machines of dubious appearance for $2! Can't wait to see what they are and how badly they need TLC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Just had to share this with y'all. My friend went to a yard sale over the weekend and picked up THREE vintage machines of dubious appearance for $2! Can't wait to see what they are and how badly they need TLC.
    shoot some pics.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Will be sure to take pictures when I get to see those machines! From what she said, they may be in pretty sad shape, but who knows, they might be salvageable. I've seen pictures on here of some I never dreamed would be fixable.