Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM

I am not a hoarder either, but yesterday while looking for something else, I found a latch set that will fit on my FW case! I was getting ready to order one and my DD came over to work on her machine. I'm so glad she did! Now to get the case repaired so I can attach my "new" latch.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Wait a minute..... I'm a home ec major...... I clean my machines!!
Nanna, No worries. I know that my home ec teacher used to maintain, or had the machines in class, maintained regularly too. But I also know Car Mechanics that don't maintain their own cars as often as they should too. I see a lot of people's machines that don't get the maintenance they need. I guess this is a good place to bring that to the attention of the people that don't know.
This is something I found today while working on a Pfaff 230. I would like to know what they thought when almost a bobbin's worth of thread "disappeared"...
This is worse than a "felt pad" under the footplate. They HAD to know better!
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421266[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_9877thread-motor.jpg  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Nanna, No worries. I know that my home ec teacher used to maintain, or had the machines in class, maintained regularly too. But I also know Car Mechanics that don't maintain their own cars as often as they should too. I see a lot of people's machines that don't get the maintenance they need. I guess this is a good place to bring that to the attention of the people that don't know.
This is something I found today while working on a Pfaff 230. I would like to know what they thought when almost a bobbin's worth of thread "disappeared"...
~G~
Maybe it is why they parted company with the Pfaff...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Maybe it is why they parted company with the Pfaff...
Surprisingly, it ran fine. I didn't even suspect this. It does have a 1.3 amp motor though and shrugged this off. But whoever was there when it was sucking up thread like spaghetti, had to know something. Maybe you are right.
~G~
Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Surprisingly, it ran fine. I didn't even suspect this. It does have a 1.3 amp motor though and shrugged this off. But whoever was there when it was sucking up thread like spaghetti, had to know something. Maybe you are right.
~G~
probably traded it for a plastic wonder
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

http://peoria.craigslist.org/atq/3843107489.html
Hello Illinois!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Good thing I don't live anywhere close!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 PM

Grant what an impressive collection of toy machines that lady has! It is hard to believe anyone could have 1,000 machines in their house even if they are TSM's! I have a friend who collects TSM's - I thought she has a lot at over 250 machines! I am going to have to show her the lady with 1,000 of them!

Nancy
Old 06-26-2013, 04:41 PM

~G~
Ya gotta love those vintage Pfaffs!

Nancy
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Nancy and Grant,

I had the pleasure of touring Faye's house during an ISMACS convention a few years ago. She and her husband are very gracious hosts. The whole house is solidly covered in collections. You should see the tool and machine collection in the lower level of the house. One room in the basement had the whole ceiling covered with hanging vintage and antique plumb bobs. TOOLS!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Cathy

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Grant what an impressive collection of toy machines that lady has! It is hard to believe anyone could have 1,000 machines in their house even if they are TSM's! I have a friend who collects TSM's - I thought she has a lot at over 250 machines! I am going to have to show her the lady with 1,000 of them!

Nancy