Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4188 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 3188 3688 4088 4138 4178 4187 4188 4189 4198 4238 4288 ... LastLast
Results 41,871 to 41,880 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #41871
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Nancy, Now is she a hoarder? I say no. I say that she is a collector. That person with the 8 machines? Probably. Also, I love the Vintage Pfaff's.
    Cathy, that must have been even more impressive in person. Lucky you.
    ~G~
    Cathy, I agree with Grant - I bet you were in heaven at the 'collectors' house! By the way, I heard from a little birdie that you had pneumonia? I hope you are feeling better!

    Yes, most people here know I am addicted to the vintage Pfaffs, although, I haven't picked up a new Pfaff or any other vintage machine in a few months. I need to find a new to me toy 'vintage machine' to play with.

    Nancy

  2. #41872
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Skip that cabinet and Davis you posted in the photo shop are amazing! I would love to see that cabinet in person!

    Grant, that 101 is scary looking? Seriously, do they come like that naked? Yes, I would get that machine in a heart beat if it were within a 100 miles of me, but it looks like something that would eat fingers, fabric, anything within 10 feet of the machine!

    Nancy

  3. #41873
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Skip that cabinet and Davis you posted in the photo shop are amazing! I would love to see that cabinet in person!

    Grant, that 101 is scary looking? Seriously, do they come like that naked? Yes, I would get that machine in a heart beat if it were within a 100 miles of me, but it looks like something that would eat fingers, fabric, anything within 10 feet of the machine!

    Nancy
    Nancy, That 101 is fantastically beautiful. Scary, yes but I would love to have one. It does kind of look like the Tasmanian Devil of sewing machines though. I saw a manual for one and it looks like it is complete except for a belt guard on the end of it. So, yes. Using it must be kind of like making love to a porcupine. You would just have to be VERY careful.
    Oh, and BTW I just finished up a Pfaff 230 Automatic yesterday.
    ~G~

  4. #41874
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Nancy,

    Thanks for the concern. Yea, heck of a way to spend vacation, overnight at Kaiser's Hilton for pneumonia and sepsis. But they treated me like royalty. I'm WAY better now.

    Cathy



    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy, I agree with Grant - I bet you were in heaven at the 'collectors' house! By the way, I heard from a little birdie that you had pneumonia? I hope you are feeling better!

    Yes, most people here know I am addicted to the vintage Pfaffs, although, I haven't picked up a new Pfaff or any other vintage machine in a few months. I need to find a new to me toy 'vintage machine' to play with.

    Nancy
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  5. #41875
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Hi Billy
    I am seeking parts for a Singer No. 20 sewing machine or more commonly called a salesmans sample. Do you know where I could obtain parts for it? I'm missing some screws, the tension, the feed plate and the lifter for the presser foot. Otherwise it is in great shape. I am certainly willing to pay for the parts & shipping. Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by wbocrafter; 06-28-2013 at 07:28 AM.

  6. #41876
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    3,483
    definitely NOT a "salesman's sample" The Model 20 was also known as the sewhandy. It sounds like you have a frame and a handwheel... hehe have you checked ebay? there is a tendency for the rougher model 20's to go quite low cost and sometimes with free shipping.

  7. #41877
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,112
    Blog Entries
    1
    I really have to mention something here about 3and 1 oil. I never use is it on my sewing machines. The original oil for sewing machines was whale oil from the sperm whale. If you think 3and 1 oils is bad try removing whale oil after it sets for years and turns to stone and varnish. Sewing machine oil will will also varnish over after sitting for years as bad as the 3an1 oil. So if the machine is oiled often and used any high grade oil for this purpose will work fine. Why did they use whale oil because that was a light weight oil and cheap for the time. Any machine that sits unused for decades will be gunk up by varnish oil. That being said the sewing machine oil from singer is not much diff than 3 an1. They both have parifin in them. I use clock oil and it will not get hard and stop a clock. Just my opinion and observation. Tri-flow is good to. I guess what I am saying is the old machines we clean up and get sewing have been sitting for years and they are just dirty from old oil(of any kind) so we have to blame it on something. Not to mention the dirt and bugs and mice stuff found in them.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  8. #41878
    Senior Member frudemoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    overnight at Kaiser's Hilton for pneumonia and sepsis. But they treated me like royalty. I'm WAY better now.

    Cathy
    Oh Cathy, that's awful!! So glad to hear you're feeling better. I've just finished a round of antibiotics for a throat infection... nothing worse than being sick. It's a shame about your vacation

  9. #41879
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

    Thanks for the concern. Yea, heck of a way to spend vacation, overnight at Kaiser's Hilton for pneumonia and sepsis. But they treated me like royalty. I'm WAY better now.

    Cathy
    Ok Cathy, I had to look up 'sepsis'! This is what it says in the dictionary, "a poisoning caused by the absorption of pathogenic microorganisms into the blood. " Wow, it sounds bad! Glad you are feeling better!

    Nancy

  10. #41880
    Junior Member Windblown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Windy NE Oregon
    Posts
    196

    Dear Cathy please get better soon
    Kenmore 158 19131, Elna Transforma, Singer 99-23, Red Eye Treadle 66-1, 301, Free Number 5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.