Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Power Poster

It is real easy to decide which ones to keep - put them ALL up on CL at exorbitant prices, let us laugh at you on 'giggles' then see what one is left. They are all good... LOL
Old 11-25-2013, 05:19 AM

Charlie, it's good to see you are still alive.... sorry to hear of all the stuff you've had to deal with lately. Life can kick your butt sometimes..... and you just have to pick yourself up once again and get back at it. Your sister's shoulder reminds me of my broken arm last winter..... awful to deal with but I know she was so happy for you to help her out. My SIL came and helped me. She was a blessing.

Selling machines? I'm feeling the same way.... I don't have that many machines but I only use the treadle, HC, 221, 15-91 and my newer machine. ... oh, and that old Davis that I'm working on right now. The others just sit sadly, staring me in the face saying, why don't you use me? I'm looking for another 15 for FMQ here are the winter place. Then, I'll be content. I love them all but since my youngest moved all his stuff into the basement for storage, there isn't any room. You'll figure it all out. You have some fantastic machines. I imagine it would be difficult to decide which ones to keep and which ones to part with..... making someone else happy is not so bad.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:15 AM

Welcome back, Charlee! Hope everything has settled down for you. Nice to see you posting again.

Jan
Old 11-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Haha! Charlee after chatting with you last night I was sitting here this morning setting up a new embroidery file and thought Hrmm...I should go over to QB...and here you are!

I've been churning out stuff on my embroidery machine like mad lately. I posted a few pics in 2 threads in the general chit chat area.

I too am about to thin my herd a bit. I need room. and money.

Other than that life has been normal (crazy). I started a part time job at my gym about a month ago. I go in from 6-9am M-F and clean it. I was already going in at that time to work out a few times a week so it was no stretch, and I get a surprisingly decent workout cleaning it, plus I now get paid and my membership is free so I consider it a win-win.

In October I also took over guardianship of my sister. I think I had mentioned here before that she has massive brain damage as a result of a drunk driver 24 years ago. She requires constant care. We moved her from a nursing home in Colorado to one near me, and it is FAR better than where she was. My mom has just gone way downhill this year between dealing with my sisters' breast cancer, and losing my youngest brother in February, so after I finished dealing with all of his loose ends and final things I took this over for her as well. Her stress level is down and she's back to doing a little more than just sitting on the couch stitching all day long.

I haven't picked up any new(old) machines lately. I'm always looking though. I'm sure SteveH thinks I've dropped off the face of the planet because I have this massive stack of stuff in my living room that I still have to finish going through and send him part of. I will get to it eventually though.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
...I'm sure SteveH thinks I've dropped off the face of the planet because I have this massive stack of stuff in my living room that I still have to finish going through and send him part of. I will get to it eventually though.

SteveH is just glad to see you online again. Paper, wood, and iron are cool, but people matter.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
SteveH is just glad to see you online again. Paper, wood, and iron are cool, but people matter.
Aww thanks I'm swamped in orders. I guess a good problem to have. I finally made myself something yesterday. Only took me 18 months of owning this machine before I made myself something.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:36 AM

18 months????? Dang it! I want something for me off this embroidery machine (other than my mistakes) sooner than that!!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM

yeah...i hope it isn't another 18 before the next thing for me!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Hello everyone! Since Charlee is back, Trish is back, and Chris is back - I thought I'd stop in for a visit too! I have stayed away on purpose cause you guys are too enabling! I have some where around 60 machines, I am not sure how many I have, but I do know I don't want any more . . . . . . unless they are FW's, 301's, Wilcox & Gibbs's, etc.. Actually, I have not been yard, garage, barn, estate shopping this summer at all. The one yard sale I did go to, I got a beautiful FW for $50. That was just luck! I have to stay away from those places because I have no will power - I know I'd buy any old machines they have! After clearing out my FIL's stuff, I don't want to do that to our kids! Oh, but I am no fun at all! It's the search and finding machines that's fun!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

It feels so good to have everybody back!!! I don't worry what I do to my kids. I just teach the DGks how to clean and oil and use them. Let them deal with it - they have to inherit something. Maybe it will be good therapy when I'm gone to see what they can do with hundreds of old sewing machines. Last night I told Miss L I sold that one she hugged and I thought she would cry. I told her we could do some more. Wilbur is gungho ready to take apart anything he can get his hands on. DD bought a bread machine for the girls to make their own bread and he has it figured out already. She told him if he took it apart he wouldn't get any bread.