Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 AM

Glenn, I have a few for Singer's. If you tell me the model of machine, I might be able to help you.
Jan
Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 AM

Steve, Congrats on your DD getting her coveted law degree. She will make a fantastic lawyer I am sure, since you had a hand in raising her. Our kids are all we have to shape the world we live in and we have to help them as best we can to do that. She is also into old machines so she will be all right.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by jan on 446 View Post
Glenn, I have a few for Singer's. If you tell me the model of machine, I might be able to help you.
Jan
The model is Singer Famous Model C, Buttonhole worker. Thank you
Skip
Old 12-07-2013, 01:40 PM

May I come in? I've just found this friendly little shop, but it's going to take a while to read all of the 4303 pages!
This Singer 28K born 1924 (serial nr Y-1923923) was my great aunt's. It's been kept in an attic many years, do you thing I can make it run? The wheel rotates smoothly, and so do the pressing foot and needle bar move, but it is full of dirt, spiderwebs and rust. The decals seem beyond repair, and a few parts (metal plate, bobbin wider) are missing.
Are they difficult to find? I must start by cleaning inside and outside with sewing machine oil, right?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450450[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450451[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450452[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails maq-antigua-4.jpg   maq-antigua-6.jpg   maq-antigua-7.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Oil cleaning is a great start - I posted some on your other thread.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM

I don't have any information on that. Sorry!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 AM

Hello everyone! Sharon, Purplefiend, don't you have a Pfaff 60? I just gave my Pfaff 60 to a lady who helps with a rescue home for girls in Mexico. She will be taking the Pfaff 60 along with a couple other machines I gave them to Mexico in February. I forgot to give them bobbins and I think, if I remember correctly, that the 60 was the only Pfaff I had that does not use Pfaff bobbins, instead it takes class 15 bobbins? I need to get a bunch of bobbins together for them! Do any of you know the answer to my question if Sharon doesn't see this! I want these girls to be able to use the machines!

Thank you
Nancy
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Hello everyone! Sharon, Purplefiend, don't you have a Pfaff 60? I just gave my Pfaff 60 to a lady who helps with a rescue home for girls in Mexico. She will be taking the Pfaff 60 along with a couple other machines I gave them to Mexico in February. I forgot to give them bobbins and I think, if I remember correctly, that the 60 was the only Pfaff I had that does not use Pfaff bobbins, instead it takes class 15 bobbins? I need to get a bunch of bobbins together for them! Do any of you know the answer to my question if Sharon doesn't see this! I want these girls to be able to use the machines!

Thank you
Nancy
Nancy, Is this the Pfaff that once belonged to your mom? I can't answer your question on bobbins since I have never owned a Pfaff or even researched on the Pfaff machines. That is very kind of you donating some of your machines to the rescue home for girls.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, Is this the Pfaff that once belonged to your mom? I can't answer your question on bobbins since I have never owned a Pfaff or even researched on the Pfaff machines. That is very kind of you donating some of your machines to the rescue home for girls.
No Monica, I would never give my Mother's Pfaff 130 away! The 60 is just one of the machines I picked up from a yard sale. I am down to under 50 machines! The rest of my machines, I will probably keep! And, now I can start looking again without feeling guilty!

Nancy
Old 12-13-2013, 03:07 PM

Nancy, that is a very nice thing donating those machines. I hope they will be able to use them for a long time.