Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM

"gizmosity" I LIKE THAT WORD!

CD in Oklahoma
Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 AM

“There I was, trying to re-tune my Fluxuator, when the Regurgitator seized up on the Cramshaft, and the whole Gizmosity flew off into one corner of the room.”

I simply hate it when that happens, and while I’m lucky that I wasn’t hit with anything, it did certainly liven up an otherwise boring day....

CD in Oklahoma

Old 04-15-2014, 11:02 AM

CD,

Too funny for words.

Cathy

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
“There I was, trying to re-tune my Fluxuator, when the Regurgitator seized up on the Cramshaft, and the whole Gizmosity flew off into one corner of the room.”

I simply hate it when that happens, and while I’m lucky that I wasn’t hit with anything, it did certainly liven up an otherwise boring day....

CD in Oklahoma
Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Now THAT is cool. I love the gizmosity of it. It was worth the effort to get it working again.
Thanks for the pic and the explanation.
Rodney
Thank you Rodney. And thanks for the new word. It is a pretty cool attachment, in a gizmosity kind of way.
~G~
Old 04-15-2014, 03:00 PM

Grant, that is a really cool gizmo on the BU. I've never seen one before but may have to add that to the wish list for my Necchi.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post

CD in Oklahoma
CD, Thanks for the laugh at the end of a long day.
Chris
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 PM

This is my 11 year old grandson, Billy, treadling away on the machine I have...no one seems able to identify her for me. But that doesn't matter one bit, she is pretty, runs fast and quiet and sews a tight little stitch. Her feed dogs drop too! And easy enough to treadle that a child can use her.... What more could you ask for?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...98140276106298
Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 PM

No one has been able to ID that machine for you? I wonder why? It's a Singer 15-88 or possible 15K88.
Unless this is the machine in post # 43468 on the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell thread. If it is that one it's a 15CH probably made in China and not a clone just a Nostalgic Singer from the 70s or 80s.
Cathy

Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
This is my 11 year old grandson, Billy, treadling away on the machine I have...no one seems able to identify her for me. But that doesn't matter one bit, she is pretty, runs fast and quiet and sews a tight little stitch. Her feed dogs drop too! And easy enough to treadle that a child can use her.... What more could you ask for?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...98140276106298

Last edited by Mizkaki; 04-16-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
That looks like an older Singer 66 to me. Nothing like that made in the 70s or 80s. Did you locate the serial number?
The serial number is under the machine...it can't be seen unless you tilt the machine back. It is 526425...and I cannot find it on the singco web site. There are no periods after the numbers as seen on the serial number search pages.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 AM

Unless this is the machine in post # 43468 on the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell thread. If it is that one it's a 15CH probably made in China and not a clone just a Nostalgic Singer from the 70s or 80s.

Cathy: What do you see that made a difference? I am still researching my machine and have not gotten a solid answer yet. Thanks for your help. It is the same machine and the serial number is: 526425