Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4353 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 3353 3853 4253 4303 4343 4352 4353 4354 4363 4403 ... LastLast
Results 43,521 to 43,530 of 44193

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Linda and Steve, thanks for the information and that video is a really good intro to these machines. Amazingly quiet and so simple to operate, even at the end of a chain where you cut the tail on top. I'm interested in the automatic tensioner and am wondering how it adjusts automatically. I assume there's a vertical mechanism...? And the underside of the stitch is beautifully done.

I too have purchased a machine where someone recently died. It was sad at first but I knew that I was helping him out so I was happy to buy it and I wished them all well. It's strange that I valued the machine more than they did, as I didn't know her; their mother had treated it so lovingly and it seemed to me that they considered the machine merely an item to be rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    ...so I am also looking for a manual.
    I sent you a PM. I have a copy that I can share.

I just won a New Home with only a clamp screw that's a W&G chainstitch clone. Are there free downloads on ISMAC for the manual?
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    I sent you a PM. I have a copy that I can share.
    thanks Steve, I just sent you an email. I did find a great chart for where to oil. It is beginning to move a little more. I figure another day in the sun will help. Also, I need to replace the belt or tighten it. It actually doesn't look to be in too bad of shape but it is certainly stretched out.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    What if I got oil in the automatic tensioner?

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Hello. I'm hoping you or someone here can help me locate a part for my Singer Model 31-15 treadle machine. My best friend gave me her grandmother's machine. It's missing just a few parts, most of which I've been able to locate. But the one that eludes me is the table leaf support. It's a curved and tapered metal bracket which attaches to the leaf. When the leaf is raised, the tip with a notch hooks to the iron leg. I see them on one drawer extension tables. My table has a leaf to the left, and one to the back. If you know where I can find one, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks. Ann

Quote Originally Posted by annwinters99 View Post
    Hello. I'm hoping you or someone here can help me locate a part for my Singer Model 31-15 treadle machine. My best friend gave me her grandmother's machine. It's missing just a few parts, most of which I've been able to locate. But the one that eludes me is the table leaf support. It's a curved and tapered metal bracket which attaches to the leaf. When the leaf is raised, the tip with a notch hooks to the iron leg. I see them on one drawer extension tables. My table has a leaf to the left, and one to the back. If you know where I can find one, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks. Ann
    this is the part that you need, isn't it ? this came from THIS FORUM .

just in case, here's the MANUAL FOR YOUR REFERENCE
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by singerguy; 04-30-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nothing like that in my horde. You may have to go on Ebay for that one.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Linda,

The auto tensioner has leather inside. This is damaged by oil.

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    What if I got oil in the automatic tensioner?
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    You were right Steve, overnight loosened everything and my newly acquired W&G is purring like a kitten. Yippeeee!

Linda