Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
The case has one dent
I'm not much of a woodworker myself, but here's a link to a bentwood case my mother repaired for me. The case was in truly rough condition, with dents and holes:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...55457783axNtUK
Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 PM

What a treasure Lisa! I am almost green with envy. You must live in "sewing machine alley" and definitely have an eye for sewing machines. I love your sewing machines and the story behind them. <grin>
Sorry to hear about your earache. Hope it improves so you can cha cha cha!

Judy
Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 PM

Di
Originally Posted by wvdek
Originally Posted by wvdek
I am bummed. I bid on and won a 99K from 1955 on e-bay. Picked it up today at PO, ran errands most of day, got home, opened her up, and you guessed it - DAMAGED. Not real noticeable until you get her in the right lite and then there it is - a crack from front to along base of pedastal all the way through with a big old paint chip off down to bare metal. I cannot tell if damage was old or new, but I can tell you it was not noticeable in pics or represented by the seller. I have sent him an e-mail. Machine was insured so that may save my bacon.
As some may know, I have waited a long time to find a 99K and a FW from 1955, the year I was born. What a bummer! And with my camera being broken, I cannot take pics. AAARRRGGHHH! Ok, I am done venting. Thanks.
Have been in contact with seller. He has agreed to refund full purchase price plus shipping to me and back to him. He will wait for confirmation Shipping #, then when he receives said machine without further damage (:roll: ), and after I leave positive feedback, he will reimburse my monies. I say after he receives machine and I receive monies, then I will leave positive feedback.
How does this usually work for those of you who have had to do it or sell on e-bay?
How did you pay for it?? Paypal? Have you documented the damage so you can show him what condition it's in so that after you pack it he cannot claim any damages in return? He has to return all the monies you are out. period! I would notify ebay. if you in fact paid by Paypal--Ebay will notify paypal to pay you back. What is the listing # for this I want to check out his listing. I've had to do this twice in the last 4 mos.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
OK, my excitement is building. I just got off the phone with the guy selling me the 1949 featherweight. He's delivering it tomorrow at 1 pm. Woo Hoo! I just cant wait. I will post a picture just as soon as I can. I hope it's everything I'm expecting it to be.
QG 27,
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Can't wait to see the pictures. :thumbup:
Judy
Old 08-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Power Poster

Lisa-

Oh wow I saw that Singer stuck in the case listed. I am glad you got it and I am excited to see what was in the case. What a fun story! Did you pick up the two Feather Weights too?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 PM

I've just posted a question about my singer 66 on the main page (http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59324-1.htm#1439771). Mom6 suggested I post here...

The short story is... I'd like to know what feet will work with my Singer 66. Is there a resource on-line where that information is listed?

Can I assume that all low shank feet will work?

I've spotted a buttonhole attachment - but didn't think it would work - because I had read somewhere that a Singer 66 couldn't do a zig zag... (hence the buttonhole stitch).

Appreciate any help you can offer :)
Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by quilt addict
I can hardly believe this listing. It has been up awhile ago and I see that he has just reposted. Not sure what goes through some peoples minds.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/atq/1896596876.html
Someone should call or e-mail this person and give them a heads up and let them know just how far off the mark they are with this machine.

WHAT????? You don't think it is worth $1000?...The cabinet alone is so worth that....NOT!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:59 AM

LOL! Yeah, ok, I'd let them pay me $1000 to take it off their hands. I do actually like the cabinet, but it would have to be refinished for sure.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:44 AM

Don't you just love some of these listings!
there is one on CL for pittsburgh that has been there for weeks
it is in BAD shape cabinet with drawers missing and broken and machine is rusty! the guy wanted $375 to start now is down to I think $50
saw one at the flea market last week that I would have purchased if reasonable or if it was all original
was a 27 but had been motorized with an off brand motor and decals were OK but not great in a treadle cabinet for a New Home not a singer and all the treadle hardware was missing!
and the cabinet had been painted black!
the guy tried to tell me it was worth $500- he had researched it!! but he would sell for $100
I offered him $40 no deal!
well a few hours later he was loading it back on his truck!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:08 AM

Honchey - I paid with Paypal.

I was going to send it back in same box with same packing, but my conscience won't allow me to. I don't want any further damage to it because it is useable just has a cracked case (not what I paid for). So, will buy some foam packing and send it back in bigger box with his original because I want him to see what it looks like.
I won't post openly here as he has been pretty fair to work with and teh damage was not his fault but could have been avoided had the machine been packed correctly. Here's what I mean:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97139.jpe   attachment-97140.jpe   attachment-97141.jpe   attachment-97142.jpe