Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 520 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 20 420 470 510 519 520 521 530 570 620 1020 1520 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Billy, Is it hard to make one of those universal treadle tables? I now realize all these cabinets take up a lot of space. I would also like to have the larger table space in case I ever try to do machine quilting. It sure would mean I would get more tops made into quilts.
    It is REAL easy Lisa.

Just pick you out a treadle (I would use a Singer like I did) and then you can either make a top for it or a bench like mine. It all depends on the room you have and if you will be moving it around alot.

Its like a microwave, once you have one you wondered how you lived your life without it.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Here is a pic of the Pathfinder. Billy or Charlee can you tell how to thread this machine? The serial # is R35866 and I know nothing about this machine. Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I am sending another pic of the Pathfinder Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    I am working on the machine in the guesthouse and then I must clean a ogee clock from 1849. My wife is on antique kick again so hope we do not have any quests before I can clean the little house. :lol: Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I am sending another pic of the Pathfinder Glenn
    Very nice looking machine!

I am not sure but it looks like my Davis. I will try to explain.

From spool the thread goes through between the metal plates. I think there is a little notch in the top one. This is your tension control.

Then it goes through the little notch on top of the needle bar.

Down through the thread guide on face plate and needle holder. Not sure which direction the needle faces though.

Hope that helps.

Banned
    Glenn that is a nice machine!! I love the decals and the overall condition of the machine. It is definitely a badged machine and I am going with Lisa on this one it looks a lot like a Davis.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Lisa, Thanks this will help. I think I have it now. Let me play with it for a couple of days and may have more questions for you, I hope you don't mind. The New Pathfinder is by Davis (ca1890) I think. Thnks so much. Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Glenn that is a nice machine!! I love the decals and the overall condition of the machine. It is definitely a badged machine and I am going with Lisa on this one it looks a lot like a Davis.

Billy
    Both Charles Law and the Needlebar Needle Book concur!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
    To be truthful I have been cleaning on it for two days. I could not see the decals from the dirt. I was lucky that is in very good shape for all the grime on it. It sews well now that I can thread it thanks to Lisa. It turned really great thanks to your tuts. Glenn

Nice looking machine Glenn. You did a great job on the cleaning. do you do windows too? :lol: