Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 552 of 4398 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 551 552 553 562 602 652 1052 1552 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 43976

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    My avatar is my old Singer model 128 converted to a hand-crank. I works great. My Dad bought the machine new for my mom about 1955. It has been in storage for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Boopers
    My avatar is my old Singer model 128 converted to a hand-crank. I works great. My Dad bought the machine new for my mom about 1955. It has been in storage for 30 years.
    Godzilla finish with blackside plates, etc?
    Awesome looking machine.
    Great year too, my birth year.
    Blessings,
    Sandi

Blog Entries
    The machine was commissioned in 1952. I had it converted to a h-c.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopers
    Like your avatar. You should change your name to Godzilla to match.

Deara,
    You have a very cute cat sewing attachment in
    your avatar. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Deara,
    You have a very cute cat sewing attachment in
    your avatar. :lol:
    Thank you so much. Black Foot and his brother Tigger loved spending time in the sewing room. Sometimes it made it hard to do any sewing as you can see in the pic. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    For me it is important to have it running even if I do not sew on it much which I think will be the case with this machine. Ofcourse its sewing capability might improve if it gets a real belt versus the broccoli rubber band it sports now. ~smile~
    Annaquilts I totally agree with you! It is very important to me that all my machines work and have all their parts attached! Even if I am not planning on using a machine, I want them all in good working order, that includes being clean and oiled up!

I'd get a real belt for the poor thing!

Nancy

I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. When we took her out of the box, I found this part on the floor. Is it part of the machine - please say it isn't necessary for it to function because I have no idea where it would go. As a matter of fact, I have no experience whatsoever with treadles so I will be doing quite a bit of research on them. Any suggestions as to what to read or where to find information?

Singer 27, May 25, 1905
    Name:  Attachment-101091.jpe
Views: 82
Size:  42.5 KB

loose part
    Name:  Attachment-101092.jpe
Views: 81
Size:  35.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by redpurselady
    I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. When we took her out of the box, I found this part on the floor. Is it part of the machine - please say it isn't necessary for it to function because I have no idea where it would go. As a matter of fact, I have no experience whatsoever with treadles so I will be doing quite a bit of research on them. Any suggestions as to what to read or where to find information?
    Lots of times people stick left over "bits and parts" in SM drawers. This doesn't look familiar to me, so stick it back in a drawer and start sewing!!

Blog Entries
    [quote=redpurselady]I already posted on the pictures section but here is my new addition. Her name is Cleo and was given to me by one of my bosses at work. It was a total surprise and I finally got her home today. /quote]

Very nice Sphinx Model 27 (I think). I have that exact same cabinet with a Singer 9W in it. I also have the Sphinx, but mine is a Model 127!

Your machine and cabinet look to be a great shape. Lucky you!

Nancy