Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Hello Everyone! I've been out of pocket for a while now. Just wanted to drop in and say hello and give you a quick update on me. I'm still doing Cardiac Rehab and I saw my Cardiologist yesterday. I was given a clean bill of health. He said they couldn't have fixed me any better. That's great news. I'm trying to get caught up on my reading and hope to get back to sewing again soon.
Yes, we are all glad you are better! Sewing sounds like good therapy to me!

Nancy
Old 11-10-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Hello Everyone! I've been out of pocket for a while now. Just wanted to drop in and say hello and give you a quick update on me. I'm still doing Cardiac Rehab and I saw my Cardiologist yesterday. I was given a clean bill of health. He said they couldn't have fixed me any better. That's great news. I'm trying to get caught up on my reading and hope to get back to sewing again soon.
Congrates, on your health status and my the good LORD keep blessing you.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by Shemjo
I love looking at all your lovely machines. I am developing a deeper appreciation for the older "ladies and gents"!
They all have their own personalitys don't they??
They make you hungry to own one yourself.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

DH picked this up from CL for $15. It looks scary to me too.

I can think of lots of ways to use it!!! To begin with, I'd have the nicest sheets and pillowcases in town. . . .
Wow Miz Johnny, it doesn't surprise me at all that YOU'D know how to use that weird looking machine! I still want to see all your machines someday!

Nancy
Me, too.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2
I have been following this thread from page 1 and enjoy seeing all the machines and reading the talk. So I am now going to try and post pictures of my machines.
Your gran is a little cutie, how old is she?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Anyone in the Reno area looking for a National Two Spools machine should see if they can grab this one.
It looks like it is in great shape and the cabinet/treadle looks nice too, $125. Just make sure the spool can is there.
If I lived close by, I would be grabbing this one up.
Found it in my daily CL wanderings of the States.
http://reno.craigslist.org/atq/2045725525.html
Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 AM

i am writing this again lost51 or billy as iam i did it right beforei got asinger it says 301a na438409 it has a bed like a feather w bed lifts up numbers under it are simaco 170156 i would love to know about it i paid 23.00 and it looks new i need manuall to thread it where can i get one love you guys suzieQ
Old 11-11-2010, 07:19 AM

Happy Veterans day to all you who have or are serving! Since I have the day off, I got caught up on all the posts here. Boy have you all been doing well.

Billy love the quilt in your new avatar. I like the idea of showing what we are working on. But it does throw me off a bit until I figure it out.

Quiltingguy - so glad for the continued recovery! Keep up the good work and enjoy getting back to a better you.

Still been good on my machine diet. But you guys make it so hard! :mrgreen:
Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by suzieQ
i am writing this again lost51 or billy as iam i did it right beforei got asinger it says 301a na438409 it has a bed like a feather w bed lifts up numbers under it are simaco 170156 i would love to know about it i paid 23.00 and it looks new i need manuall to thread it where can i get one love you guys suzieQ
Here is the manual you can find info in..

http://static.onecreativeblog.com/fi...301-manual.pdf
Be sure to let it download it take a few seconds.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by suzieQ
SuzieQ, that is the second (for some people the first) most popular machine next to the Featherweight for classes. It is an aluminum machine so it is lighter than most other full sized machines. Does your machine have a short or long bed - the front that lifts up?

Your machine was made in 1951 in Anderson, South Carolina.

Please post a picture!

I would love to find a black 301. They came in Black, Mocha, and a Tan and White I believe.

Nancy