Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 671 of 4373 FirstFirst ... 171 571 621 661 670 671 672 681 721 771 1171 1671 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 43723

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Like this "root beer brown"?
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2060346838.html

Quote Originally Posted by hazeljane
    I'm thinking about sending her to Billy to get a custom coat. Need to find out how much- maybe next year. Wouldn't she be pretty in a shimmery root beer brown? And she'd be ALL mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    My new 15-91! this is my Christmas present from my husband. $60. on Craigslist with the cabinet. I took all of the advice I have been given and bought this 15-91. Over the phone, the woman said yes, it had some extra feet. It actually has a zig-zagger and button-holer as well as lots of extra feet. And the cabinet is in amazing condition.

For all of you experts, what year was she made? AL 342599.

She has quite a bit of paint loss- she has been used. These pictures are exactly as I got her- she has not been cleaned up or oiled or anything yet.
    Your machine is beautiful -- and sometimes a little decal loss is not a bad thing! I have some absolutely beautiful machines with the decals almost perfect! I don't use those machine to sew with, instead I use the ones with the not so perfect decals! Happy sewing!

Nancy

Yep. I love shimmery brown. I have the third brown car I've had in my life, and I love her too, when she's clean.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif

I'm thinking about sending her to Billy to get a custom coat. Need to find out how much- maybe next year. Wouldn't she be pretty in a shimmery root beer brown? And she'd be ALL mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    My new 15-91! this is my Christmas present from my husband. $60. on Craigslist with the cabinet. I took all of the advice I have been given and bought this 15-91. Over the phone, the woman said yes, it had some extra feet. It actually has a zig-zagger and button-holer as well as lots of extra feet. And the cabinet is in amazing condition.

For all of you experts, what year was she made? AL 342599.

She has quite a bit of paint loss- she has been used. These pictures are exactly as I got her- she has not been cleaned up or oiled or anything yet.
    Your machine is beautiful -- and sometimes a little decal loss is not a bad thing! I have some absolutely beautiful machines with the decals almost perfect! I don't use those machine to sew with, instead I use the ones with the not so perfect decals! Happy sewing!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Hi Trish,
    If you join the Yahoo group :Vintage Singers, there is a free manual for the 401, pretty much the same machine and the instructions on how to use the cams is the same.
    I tried to put the url for the Yahoo group in this message and for some reason its not allowed.
    Sharon
    Sharon, Thank you I signed up today. Will be looking for the manual.

Blog Entries
    That IS a pretty color, plus the machine on CL looks so cute with that color brown and the black wheel. I would do this color combination.
    It is fun looking at machines...if only I had a huge basement...
    Yep. I love shimmery brown. I have the third brown car I've had in my life, and I love her too, when she's clean.

Nancy
    [/quote]

Blog Entries
    Nancy,
    I saw that you like horses. Do you own one of the horse farms up there in Rescue? Are a lot of you quilts with a horse theme? I don't ride, but I do love the quilts with the horse fabrics and theme. Horses are such beautiful animals.
    Actually, yes I have a horse ranch in Rescue! I have done some horse themed quilts, but I do all kinds of quilts since most of our kids are not into horses! We do love our horses, though! And Yes horses are beautiful animals!

Nancy

Banned
    And I can fix you up!! On average they run $165 + parts + shipping depending on the color sometimes more if it is some sort of custom work involved.

Billy

I've got to save my pennies. We're about to put our house on the market. But maybe next year. Your work is gorgeous. For now, I'm going to oil her up and see how she runs.

Thanks!

Banned
    How about something like a Candy Rootbeer...........

Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    How about something like a Candy Rootbeer...........

Billy
    That depth of finish is amazing, but a hint too red for me. But yes, that's the one that got me on the thought of thinking "Hey, my machine could be pretty shiny shimmery brown."

Sharon, Thank you I signed up today. Will be looking for the manual.[/quote]

Glad i could help Trish!
    Sharon