Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-26-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Hi Billy, Here are the pics of my monkey wards machine. I need the drive belt, bobbin tire and bobbins. Thanks for looking.
Very nice looking machine, but where is the bobbin winder?

Nancy
My fiance took it off. Hopefully he will remember how to put it back on if I can get parts from Billy.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Hi Billy, Here are the pics of my monkey wards machine. I need the drive belt, bobbin tire and bobbins. Thanks for looking.
My mother had one of these and loved it.
Do you still have it? I also need a manual or a copy of one.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM

Jan,
You might be able to get some more info on the machine, particularly when it was built by looking for the serial number and checking out this website:
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...al_number.html

I found out my old Red Eye was bult in 1916. (found it at Salvation Army). It is just the head, no cabinet -- but I couldn't let the poor old thing go w/o a home at Christmas. So I bought it for $20 and managed to get it working. Just need the needle assembly and cabinet now! :-D

Enjoy your new friend!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:06 PM

No, sorry--it has been gone for ten years or so. It's a class 15 machine; any Singer 15 manual will tell you what you need to know.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Howard
Loraine (Howard) I had two different machines that kept running the way you describe. One was a 1950's New Home that the grandkids were using when it just kept on going!@ They won't touch it now, they think it is possessed. The other one is my Jem Platinum (a new machine). Both times there was something in the foot pedal that got stuck with the machine running. My DH took the foot pedals apart and fixed the problem. The Janome Platinum is known for that problem. I have other friends with that machine that have had the same run away problem.

Nancy
Looks like a new project for my DH. ha ha ha It won't be tomorrow though as he and my DD will be shoveling a good part of the day. Thanks for the input.
If you plug the machine directly into the outlet marked "light", it will run continuously--that's the way it's wired. It must be plugged into the "motor" side for the pedal to control the electricity.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Howard
Loraine (Howard) I had two different machines that kept running the way you describe. One was a 1950's New Home that the grandkids were using when it just kept on going!@ They won't touch it now, they think it is possessed. The other one is my Jem Platinum (a new machine). Both times there was something in the foot pedal that got stuck with the machine running. My DH took the foot pedals apart and fixed the problem. The Janome Platinum is known for that problem. I have other friends with that machine that have had the same run away problem.

Nancy
Looks like a new project for my DH. ha ha ha It won't be tomorrow though as he and my DD will be shoveling a good part of the day. Thanks for the input.
If you plug the machine directly into the outlet marked "light", it will run continuously--that's the way it's wired. It must be plugged into the "motor" side for the pedal to control the electricity.
Yep. Thats what I told her on the previous page.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:36 PM

No, sorry--it has been gone for ten years or so. It's a class 15 machine; any Singer 15 manual will tell you what you need to know.
Thanks, that really helps. Now I just have to wait to see if Billy has the parts I need. My DGS (10) and his sister (5) really want to learn to sew and this will be a great machine for them.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Short term memory loss. Now what was that again??
Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Short term memory loss. Now what was that again??
You must be as bad as me. I will see it, then have to go back to make sure I am not just thinking it...LOL
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 AM

Nancy, guess who is working on the foot pedal ...DH showed me a wire not attached to anything. He is working on it now..............He just came in and told me to try it out, guess what, it still races. This machine is now up for grabs for anyone who wants it !Anyone local who might be interested please PM me. Thanks all