Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 772 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 272 672 722 762 771 772 773 782 822 872 1272 1772 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 43734

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Randa
    What type?? I'm clueless. What types are there? It's a treadle, that's all I know except for the above.
    Randa, I think what Vintamotif is asking you is - is it a Davis Vertical Feed or a regular feed Davis?

Nancy
    Sorry, that I didn't make myself more clear in what I was asking.

Just like Singer made more than one machine, so did the other sewing machine companies, and Davis made a couple of interesting machines.
    If you look at ebay (from time to time), there are different Davis machines listed. Listed here are the Rotary, Honeymoon, and the Silent as examples:
    http://antiques.shop.ebay.com/Sewing...ewing+machine.
    And then with the Davis Vertical Feed there are different models:
    http://www.kelsew.info/domestic/davisVFmodels.html

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    alright, I've been bitten by the bug, and it's contagious! I found this on CL today, and it reminds me sooo much of the one I learned on! Billy, any history you can give me?!? Serial #H149696 (user's book is dated 1921). It appears to just be very very dirty, and the drive cable is snapped, but all seems to move fairly smoothly! I've attached a pic of the toys I got with the machine:
    Attached Images Attached Images            

OMG, That cabinet is georgous!!!The machine is nice too!!!

Ok Sharon, What other machines are you hiding? I once went to your webshot page when you posted awhile back, and I don't remember seeing this in your machine collection. I like your machine covers that you have made. Did you follow some pattern or did you just measure and make up a pattern yourself?[/quote]

The Pfaff is in its own album, I needed pictures for an OSMG so I could get the proper foot pedal. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/576862065XdbgqG
    I measured and made my own pattern. I used some string blocks that were left from making charity quilts. The covers are lined too, I used bias binding for the bottom edge. Its basically a fabric mail box. :lol:
    Sharon

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Thanks, Beth ~ I figured it was worth the $50 just for the cabinet! Fixing it all up and shining it up for use will be a labor of love, its pretty icky, but I can already see the wear patterns ~ this machine was used and loved by someone before me... I hope Billy can give me some insight if it is fixable, and if I "overspent" ~ the balance on the treadle motion seems very well balanced still, despite the cable being snapped :)

this shuttle is pretty rusty, not sure if there's a trick to cleaning it up? The other shuttle seems much cleaner
    Name:  Attachment-152761.jpe
Views: 93
Size:  66.6 KB

but look what else I got! Nice foot!
    Name:  Attachment-152762.jpe
Views: 105
Size:  117.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Thanks, Beth ~ I figured it was worth the $50 just for the cabinet! Fixing it all up and shining it up for use will be a labor of love, its pretty icky, but I can already see the wear patterns ~ this machine was used and loved by someone before me... I hope Billy can give me some insight if it is fixable, and if I "overspent" ~ the balance on the treadle motion seems very well balanced still, despite the cable being snapped :)
    I am sure you will have her working in no time. Very nice ruffler also. Please post pics again after she os all shined up...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    What type?? I'm clueless. What types are there? It's a treadle, that's all I know except for the above.
    Randa, I think what Vintamotif is asking you is - is it a Davis Vertical Feed or a regular feed Davis?

Nancy
    Sorry, that I didn't make myself more clear in what I was asking.

Just like Singer made more than one machine, so did the other sewing machine companies, and Davis made a couple of interesting machines.
    If you look at ebay (from time to time), there are different Davis machines listed. Listed here are the Rotary, Honeymoon, and the Silent as examples:
    The machine in question is a NVF, looks just like the last one on the second link with all the same decals but doesn't look anything at all like those on e-bay....anyone know how I can take a pic from my e-mail to post on here? So is there another model other than Rotary, Honeymoon or Silent?

Deleted by sender

Blog Entries

The machine in question is a NVF, looks just like the last one on the second link with all the same decals but doesn't look anything at all like those on e-bay....anyone know how I can take a pic from my e-mail to post on here? So is there another model other than Rotary, Honeymoon or Silent?
    Wow Randa you lucked out. The Davis New Vertical Feed uses regular 15x1 needles. I have the Davis Vertical Feed 2 and it uses the Boye 10's which are obsolete. I did manage finally to get several off of e-bay for some premium prices.

Nancy

deleted by sender