Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 AM

I was referred to your topic, as I know you go for antique sewing machines, I have a nephew in California who wants to sell a 1914 threadle Singer, it's in top condition with attachements and a certificate. do you have any idea of the value
Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
. . . . I only have one machine that I would consider very valuable and that is my 1871 FC Henderson. . . .

Billy
Picture!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Miz Johnny or Billy or anyone else, do you have a thread guide sitting around that is like the one I am missing on my Davis -- it is the one right next to the tension disk -- that you'd sell me? Maybe, from an older machine used for parts? That is the only thing I can see wrong with Betty. She is missing one thread guide. My Davis is posted on page 474 -- you can see where there are two holes where a thread guide used to be.

Nancy
I don't think so, but I will look.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
. . . . I only have one machine that I would consider very valuable and that is my 1871 FC Henderson. . . .

Billy
Picture!!!!!!!!!!
Its in here somewhere I will see if I can post one if I cant find the page its on. Its a W&G automatic chain stitch machine essentially but is badged as a FC Henderson. The decals are immaculate and are all present and accounted for. I still need to clean it up and mount it to its treadle.

Billy
Old 01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Oh an Nancy I do not have any floating around here, eBay and Goodwill would be where I would look for one. You might have to buy a parts machine. Wait I have one more spot to look and I will know for sure. I forgot about the parts machines I have in the attic.

Billy
Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM

Oh an Nancy I do not have any floating around here, eBay and Goodwill would be where I would look for one. You might have to buy a parts machine. Wait I have one more spot to look and I will know for sure. I forgot about the parts machines I have in the attic.

Billy
You always make me laugh Billy! Please check your attic! My Davis is working fine, but I don't like it when the ladies are missing something!

Nancy
Old 01-07-2011, 02:31 PM

Hi All, Happy New Year! Here my ignorance is showing....what is a TOGA?
Jane
Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by bourvel
I was referred to your topic, as I know you go for antique sewing machines, I have a nephew in California who wants to sell a 1914 threadle Singer, it's in top condition with attachements and a certificate. do you have any idea of the value
Thanks
Where in California? I have bought 9 treadles now and the most I have ever paid is $90 and that was for a rare, pristine 1887 Wheeler & Wilson from Portugal. I have a beautiful Redeye I paid $65 for and an 1889 Model 28 in a Parlor cabinet I paid $65 for the rest were $50 and under. You see them advertized all the time on Craigslist for $150 and more, but they don't sell. All of my machines were advertized for $150 or more, when they didn't sell I got them much cheaper. If he really wants to sell the machine, he should start around $100. He might get that?

Good luck,

Nancy
Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi All, Happy New Year! Here my ignorance is showing....what is a TOGA?
Jane
Hi Jane,
To the members of Treadle On, TOGA=Treadle On Gathering &
Academy. I've been to one and it was great fun. I finally got to put faces to names I'd been seeing on the email digest.
treadling happily in Texas,
Sharon W.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Sounds like fun as long as we don't have to wear TOGA's! I'll PM you for info.
Cindy