Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
:-D Howdy! Haven't been in the shop in ages!

I desperately need help with my FW. I took out the bobbin assembly and can't seem to get it to hold in there. It snaps in but I can't see anything that holds it in and of course, it falls right out.

The manual hasn't helped me much. I really want to take it on a trip with me tomorrow.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
If for some reason you actually took the throat plate off, you will have to put the bobbin case back in and spin it a bit each way until the bobbin position finger seats. You will have to replace the throat plate while the position finger is pointed up toward the needle making sure that the position finger is in the notch of the position plate that is under the throat plate.

Did you actually remove the whole bobbin assembly or just the throat plate and bobbin case? If you removed the whole assembly, it is a little more complicated to get it all back together correctly.

Hope this helps,

Nancy
OH, NO! I removed the whole thing so that is probably why I am having so much trouble. I have to finish something right now and then I will try your suggestion. Thanks a million. Hope I can figure it out. But, certain I wouldn't have been able to without your help. QB members are the greatest!

:-D
Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I never heard of a Vigorelli. Miz Johnny what kind of reputation does that machine have?

Nancy
The reputation is good, and I've seen people drive a good distance to get one!
Here's one on ebay for less that looks to be in better condition with a ton of accessories. http://cgi.ebay.com/VIGORELLI-ZZ-A-R...ht_10584wt_900
Old 01-10-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Here's one on ebay for less that looks to be in better condition with a ton of accessories. http://cgi.ebay.com/VIGORELLI-ZZ-A-R...ht_10584wt_900
Arghhh!! It's built like a Mac truck!! I would walk across town for that one!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Arghhh!! It's built like a Mac truck!! I would walk across town for that one!
It will be interesting to watch that machine to see what it actually sells for after the bidding stops.

Nancy
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM

I actually have spent time with my machines this weekend! My 15-88 had been giving me fits before Christmas; a generally lousy stitch. I finally replaced the tension spring and put in a new bobbin case. The tensioner still seems a bit off to me, but the stitch is good. Then I decided it was time to try free-motion quilting. I worked at it a while and came to the conclusion that I will never live long enough to learn to do it well, so whatever quilts I make will have to either be straight-line quilted or sent out. That was a good decision for me, as I really am not all that excited about that part of sewing anyway.
I moved on to my Davis VF and FINALLY finished my GD's baby quilt. (She's 6 months old--at the rate I was going, she'd outgrow it before I got it done.) I still need to bind it, but then I can cross that one off my list. It's not the prettiest job in the world, but done trumps perfect, so that's that.
I was amazed once again at the Davis. Every time I use it, I wonder why I wait so long between times to get back to it! It's just a great machine.
Miz Johnny, I just got done quilting on my 15-88 and I LOVE that machine. I am half way done with a quilt I have been working on a little each evening using my 15-88. I am quilting it with just stitch in the ditch, but I have done a bunch of thread play quilting (FMQing) with the 15-88!

What did you do with the Davis? Did you finish your GD's quilt using the Davis? Were you piecing with the Davis? Tell us what you think is so wonderful about the Davis? I really like mine, but it would be nice to hear what other people do with their Davis's.

Nancy
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Never did put my Singer up... Here she is.. 1897 hmm Gertie? LOL still need to find her a name..
Thank you so much for posting your photo@!!!! The cabinet is the same one that I got with my treadle that I picked up last week. I've got a singer 27 sphinx in it that dates 1904. But the best part is , my front drawer is missing (the one that came with the sale is not from that cabinet) so now I know what the drawer looks like and can look for one. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM

I never heard of a Vigorelli. Miz Johnny what kind of reputation does that machine have?

Nancy
Way cool! This machine does look interesting. I like that cams are internal, but wonder what all those other interesting parts that have a somewhat U shape are used for.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:04 AM

Nancy
I just watched the video that is on the eBay listing. It look like a really nice machine and in excellent condition. I've never heard of it before but I like that color.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 AM

Miz Johnny, I just got done quilting on my 15-88 and I LOVE that machine. I am half way done with a quilt I have been working on a little each evening using my 15-88. I am quilting it with just stitch in the ditch, but I have done a bunch of thread play quilting (FMQing) with the 15-88!

What did you do with the Davis? Did you finish your GD's quilt using the Davis? Were you piecing with the Davis? Tell us what you think is so wonderful about the Davis? I really like mine, but it would be nice to hear what other people do with their Davis's.

Nancy
I used the Davis for straight-line quilting and to put on the binding. It is just wonderful--no puckers, etc. The needle feed keeps all the layers together and keeps things moving smoothly.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157828.jpe  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:57 AM

Miz Johnny, your quilt is very pretty. Just wish our weather was as pretty. Seeing the sun flowers makes you think of sunshine and warm. :) :-)