Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Beautiful Davis, inspiring-It is such a joy to see a lovely old machine and cabinet that has been cared for.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 PM

Billy-

I sure do hope you get that cabinet..
that's a parlor cabinet, not a bathroom cabinet!

Did you have a chance to buy the sedan?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Banned

I have a spot picked out in the Living room just for that one piece. I am going to find a super nice Brown Lotus to put into it.

Billy
Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 PM

Good evening everyone. I will be trying some of your ideas for removing rust on all of these parts I got today for 2.00. I don't know what machines they go on but I can practice cleaning on them. Also a photo of the 501a that I got today for $10. It runs, but haven't tried it with thread in it yet. I figured it would be good to use for Billy's tutorial on whatever he's going to do using a 501a. (The attachment box says part for a 403, but the manual says 500 series) It has quite a bit of chips on the paint and really needs a good cleaning, and needs a new faceplate, since the current one is broken out at the top pin.

Also a photo of an old Free Westinghouse that I saw today, it's in a cabinet with what I think you call a potted motor. It was very, very stiff, but the wheel did turn and the needle bar went up and down. The screw was off of the stitch regulator, but was in the drawer . . .I couldn't get it on. It is EXTREMELY dirty and was not plugged in. It is in a VERY rough cabinet. Serial # is ARE 62947. She has it priced at $30. Not very pretty but am interested in any info anyone may have about it. The Sewing Machine Search Train leaves early tomorrow morning. Have a good weekend! luv2learn

Rusty parts for ??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135154[/ATTACH]

501a (it's parts are in another photo)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135155[/ATTACH]

The Free Westinghouse in need of love
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135156[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135149.jpe   attachment-135150.jpe   attachment-135151.jpe  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:00 PM

I have lotus envy pretty bad myself. The long lines on the decals will look great in that cabinet!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 PM

The little Elna is so cute and Penny is absolutely gorgeous. This is such a wonderful site! ! !I just love the photos and how wonderfully everyone shares their knowledge and excitment! What FUN!!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:04 PM

Penni is beautiful.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Penni is beautiful.
I agree!! The machine was pretty before the clean-up, but now she is outstanding. And the cabinet is beautiful also. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
Penni is beautiful.
I agree!! The machine was pretty before the clean-up, but now she is outstanding. And the cabinet is beautiful also. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thank you Penni! She looks very happy here in her new home. I'm looking forward to sewing with her tomorrow and seeing what she can do. Thank you again for pointing out this machine on CL.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:43 PM

I just bought a 27 off of Craig's list for $15. The side plate is missing. I bought it for the bobbin winder as the winder on my hc 27 is broken. This machine is in better shape so I just might keep it and look for another winder. Nancy you just might have made a horder out of me. lol Kathie
Well Good! Like we all said this shop is very addicting! I started with one Spartan and now I can't stop!

Nancy