Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I do a lot of repaints for these machines and the Featherweights and I use only automotive paint for the finish.
Billy<<<who is still longing for the Russian Singer
Absolutely beautiful.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by featherweight
I am still searching for a treadle. Never wanted one until I joined this board. This board is starting to cost me money!!! Oh well, better than going to the bars! LOL
If you are coming Kansas way, I will look for one for you.
I need to get over to Tribune and see my Dear Aunt who is 98 yrs old. She is in a care facility there. I will find the right one one of these days. Thanks...
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Donna Mare there is a free machine for you on CL.

http://maine.craigslist.org/zip/2187930133.html

Don't ask me why I'm looking on Maine CL.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Donna Mare there is a free machine for you on CL.

http://maine.craigslist.org/zip/2187930133.html

Don't ask me why I'm looking on Maine CL.
Well Monica, I'd say because you are as addicted as the rest of us!

By the way, your Davis just looks fabulous!

Nancy
Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This manual is for the New High Arm Davis. If you have any attachments, this manual shows instructions on their use. The gauge/self-sewer has two pieces that attaches to the foot and screws onto the bed at the other end. My two pieces were not together when I purchased the machine; so, I didn't know that they went together until I read this manual. This is a wonderful attachment to have, makes great 1/4 inch seams. Here is a picture of that attachment.
Geeze, what a great pictures showing us how to use that attachment! Thank you!

Nancy
Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM

I do a lot of repaints for these machines and the Featherweights and I use only automotive paint for the finish. Its durable you can get any color you can dream about, and the care and upkeep is really simple. Never turn away a machine because it looks like it has seen better days, I have flipped them into some of the prettiest machines out there.

Billy<<<who is still longing for the Russian Singer
Billy Wow that is all I can say WOW!

Nancy
Old 01-30-2011, 11:15 AM

I talked to my favorite sewing person and about bobbins for my 66. Yes, Nancy I am talking about you. Nancy told me to never use plastic bobbins in it. Singer gave me a phone number of a man who has parts. I called him for missing parts and to order bobbins. He told me to never use metal bobbins and to only use plastic because metal will ruin my machine. I am confused. Any imput from anyone? Kathie
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by BoJangles
No not yet, but if I do I will be the first to let you know. I have a friend in the Boston area that can relay the machine to me. I am a member of a Hot Rod Forum called the HAMB and we do relays for large parts and things that we do not trust shippers with. It might take a few months but its free delivery and I know it will be taken very well care of. I have had a few motors and car parts here in my garage storing them between relays so its a fun way to meet new folks and to see cool items as they travel across country.

Billy
Wow, Billy that is so cool that you can relay your large car parts/vintage machines across country like that!

Nancy
That is cool!

I hope you get the cabinet, Billy. I'm going to email the ad to see if they answer me. I hate it when you answer a CL ad and never receive and answer from the seller.
I got a reply, Billy, and I'm sending you a copy of it in a PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I talked to my favorite sewing person and about bobbins for my 66. Yes, Nancy I am talking about you. Nancy told me to never use plastic bobbins in it. Singer gave me a phone number of a man who has parts. I called him for missing parts and to order bobbins. He told me to never use metal bobbins and to only use plastic because metal will ruin my machine. I am confused. Any imput from anyone? Kathie
How could he tell you metal would ruin your machine? When they started making the 66 they did not have plastic bobbins? I say use a good quality bobbin, plastic or metal, that works in your machine. I don't use plastic in my 66, but mine is a 1914 machine -- there were no plastic bobbins then.

Miz Johnny, Billy, anyone else have an opinion? I am curious too as I was told to never use plastic bobbins in my 66!

Nancy
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 AM

Billy, Did you see this one too! You can get two!
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/atq/2179321183.html