Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 182 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    Some of my vintage sewing machines
    Lovely looking machines especially the Necchis.
    I love the Necchi machines. The Mira BU was missing the Wonder Wheel attachment and they are really hard to find.
    I have 3 Necchis and from lokoing at yours I also have the Mira BU. What is the Wonderwheel attachment? I ask because mine only has the one presser foot it came with but I got it for free. Also do you a manula for the Mira BU?

I love the Necchi machines. The Mira BU was missing the Wonder Wheel attachment and they are really hard to find.
    I have 3 Necchis and from lokoing at yours I also have the Mira BU. What is the Wonderwheel attachment? I ask because mine only has the one presser foot it came with but I got it for free. Also do you a manula for the Mira BU?
    If you go to Yahoo Groups and join the Necchi Sewing Circle, you can download a free copy of the manual for the Necchi Mira Bu and the Wonder Wheel Attachment. With the Wonder Wheel, you can sew decorative stitches, etc.

Blog Entries
    If you go to Yahoo Groups and join the Necchi Sewing Circle, you can download a free copy of the manual for the Necchi Mira Bu and the Wonder Wheel Attachment. With the Wonder Wheel, you can sew decorative stitches, etc.
    Thanks for the information. I will join them. I am a lurking member of the Vintage Nechhi group.

Pam H,
    Don't turn the handwheel backwards and you won't get any
    threads caught in the machine.
    Have fun with your new toy!
    Sharon W.

Quote Originally Posted by Muv
    Nickylsf - Hilarious French decals. I know the French often don't know the difference between England and Scotland, but to get it wrong on a decal, oh dear! That machine is worth every penny for the joke value.
    Hmm, I would have thought the decals were applied at the factory.

Just picked this little beauty up last night at an auction...for $2.00!!! She had the wrong foot controller with her, but the one from my 221 fits. After oiling and lubricating and fiddling with the tension, she sews perfectly!!! :)

She has a couple of feet, about a dozen bobbins and her original manual. From her serial number she dates from 1950-1951, born in Anderson, SC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by aorlflood
    Just picked this little beauty up last night at an auction...for $2.00!!! She had the wrong foot controller with her, but the one from my 221 fits. After oiling and lubricating and fiddling with the tension, she sews perfectly!!! :)

She has a couple of feet, about a dozen bobbins and her original manual. From her serial number she dates from 1950-1951, born in Anderson, SC.
    Nice score!

Muv
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv
    Nickylsf - Hilarious French decals. I know the French often don't know the difference between England and Scotland, but to get it wrong on a decal, oh dear! That machine is worth every penny for the joke value.
    Hmm, I would have thought the decals were applied at the factory.
    I dare say they were, but no self respecting Scot would have come up with that wording and I doubt an Englishman in Scotland - especially Glasgow - would have dared.

well- i did not know i was in the market for this little jem- but i am sure glad she found me :)
    stopped in to a neighbors garage sale saturday morning and sitting on the floor was this little case with a singer handle--- i opened it and it just took my breath away- it was so clean- all decals intact- cord looking good- light works- every thing works- the case is the only thing about it that shows any wear- it has some damage- but the machine i do not think was used much at all-
    it is a 99K- from 1956...i am going to go give it a good going over and oil it (when i get off this dog-gone computer)
    i am so happy with it :thumbup:
    for 3 years now i have been wanting to pick up a second machine- for taking places (i hate lugging my viking around) had looked at many different (new) machines- nothing (spoke) to me---this one...hubby was with me- he was as excited about this one as i was...
    it has 1 foot-on it- one bobbin- and one needle --- no attachments were with it- i have now joined the world of singer vintage machines...oh boy ;)

new to me 99K
    Name:  Attachment-237841.jpe
Views: 960
Size:  41.5 KB

case is a bit rough
    Name:  Attachment-237842.jpe
Views: 966
Size:  37.2 KB

so beautiful in my eyes
    Name:  Attachment-237843.jpe
Views: 986
Size:  45.8 KB