Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 46 of 181 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Ambassador Deluxe, Model 15 Clone made in Japan

Wow, I was doing some research and stumbled across this site. Like a lot of others, I was amazed at the machines, cases and cabinets. I hope I can do this right and post mine.
    This is my baby. My Ambassador Deluxe, Model 15 Clone made in Japan. I had been looking for a machine to buy for about 4 months and didn't see anything I wanted or a price I liked. I'm SO glad I was patient. I went to an Estate Sale and saw her with a price tag of $10 with three boxes of attachments and accessories. I talked them down to $7.75! (don't ask me how) I had to get rid of that case though. I brought her home and she worked. After a little oil and some minor cleaning she just purrs. I purchased a 60's Kenmore in a cabinet and swapped the cabinet and case. Only one scratch, but no flaws in the chrome at all and the decals are perfect! I really don't know if it was really used. And I absolutely LOVE the color.

My newest machine. Haven't test run her yet, as I don't like the wiring.

Name:  Table Closed.jpg
Views: 1675
Size:  841.1 KBName:  Table Open.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  1,009.5 KBName:  Table with Machine.jpg
Views: 1750
Size:  1.04 MBName:  Table with Case.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  1.02 MB
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Cathy; Love the table.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful cabinet and machine. I want one.....
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Wow, I was doing some research and stumbled across this site. Like a lot of others, I was amazed at the machines, cases and cabinets. I hope I can do this right and post mine.
    This is my baby. My Ambassador Deluxe, Model 15 Clone made in Japan. I had been looking for a machine to buy for about 4 months and didn't see anything I wanted or a price I liked. I'm SO glad I was patient. I went to an Estate Sale and saw her with a price tag of $10 with three boxes of attachments and accessories. I talked them down to $7.75! (don't ask me how) I had to get rid of that case though. I brought her home and she worked. After a little oil and some minor cleaning she just purrs. I purchased a 60's Kenmore in a cabinet and swapped the cabinet and case. Only one scratch, but no flaws in the chrome at all and the decals are perfect! I really don't know if it was really used. And I absolutely LOVE the color.

Grant15clone, unbelieveable deal you got! We aren't suppose to discuss the machines here so I will keep this brief, but go to Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up and post this machine in the "15 clone" photo shop as well! Then we can all talk about your machine! Great color! Great shape! Congratulations. Thanks for posting, but please post in the 15 clone shop as well!

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Cathy; Love the table.
    That looks just like my 99K, it came in a case like that and had a 220 volt motor on it when I bought it. Its a hand crank and came with the spoke wheel, so it was an easy conversion.
    Sharon W.

Blog Entries

My new 27 Sphinx

Before pics
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries

27 Sphinx

After clean up
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Miriam posted on her PDA about memories of the old measuring device used in fabric stores.
    A few years ago a friend gave me a meter made by the "Simplex Computing Measure Co.,
    Metal Works Division of the Grand Rapids Show Case Co."
    Miriam suggested that I post some pictures so here are a few pictures of mine. The first pix is the
    Simplex with fabric in it. It still works! It sure does bring back memories.

Cathy

Name:  2012-03-26 14.58.58.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  1.46 MBName:  2012-03-25 19.36.25.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  984.6 KBName:  2012-03-25 19.37.21.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  782.4 KB
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

I remember the Simplex fabric measuring device from when I was much younger, shopping for fabrics with my Mother and Grandmas.
    Sharon W.

Page 46 of 181 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 96 146 ... LastLast