Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 168 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    I love looking at everyones sewing machines. They are all so gorgeous. We are pretty lucky to be able to own more than one of these beauties. I sometimes wonder how a woman, back then, when these were new, could only choose one machine because they were all so pretty.

Here are a few of mine. These are the machines that are close by so that I could take pics of them.

This is a Singer 128~serial # 10886656~date-1892. This uses a vibrating shuttle rather for a bobbin. I am in the process of cleaning it so some of the pieces are off of it, right now. I bought this machine in a local thrift shop. I don't know what the decals are called but they sure are pretty.
    Attachment 212695

This is my little white FW-221. It arrived yesterday with it's spool pin snapped off :-(, but it came with the cutest little oil can! . I don't know the year it was manufactured but it was probably mid 1960's.
    Attachment 212696

This is a Singer model 66 with the 'Red Eye' or 'Red Head' decals. Serial # G6969592~manufactured in 1919. I have several red eyes and it was my first vintage machine and started the ball rolling for me!
    Attachment 212697

If you call this # they can date the Singer machines for you...: 1-800-4-SINGER (1-800-474-6437)
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Love blueberry!!
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    I love looking at everyones sewing machines. They are all so gorgeous. We are pretty lucky to be able to own more than one of these beauties. I sometimes wonder how a woman, back then, when these were new, could only choose one machine because they were all so pretty.

Here are a few of mine. These are the machines that are close by so that I could take pics of them.

This is a Singer 128~serial # 10886656~date-1892. This uses a vibrating shuttle rather for a bobbin. I am in the process of cleaning it so some of the pieces are off of it, right now. I bought this machine in a local thrift shop. I don't know what the decals are called but they sure are pretty.
    Attachment 212695
    Cabbagepatchkid, are you sure this machine is a 128? Can you measure the machine? Those decals are called Orange Blossom or Dogwood and they are very pretty, but your machine looks to me like a 127, which is a full sized machine. I have not seen that decal on a 28/128, but that's not to say it didn't exist! Also, what happened to the spoked hand wheel?

Nancy

New owner of 15-91

I'm finally an official member of the Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts. I purchased a 15-91 at a yard sale today. The only thing she seems to need is a new bobbin case and that should be here early next week. Once that's installed and tuned up she will be in business. I think a perfect name is Rosie after my grandma. She was born March 1950 and was originally purchased in New York. This means she has traveled across the US from the East Coast to California.
    Name:  1349491654816.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  47.4 KBName:  1349491713480.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  81.9 KB

Rosie seems to be in perfect condition! Enjoy!

It's Solomon. Owl for his wisdom. "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they labour not, neither do they spin. that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these."

This refers to a thread from Muv. She has an old machine - Sterata? With a gold decal of a bearded man wearing what seems to be a lot of drapery. There is also an owl face and wings underneath. It's beautiful. Thread is old 2/26/2011. But I had to reply because she asked who he was. Great to find this place

Name:  new home.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  392.2 KB"New" New Home. Made between 1934 and 1942. Model AC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow1037 View Post
    This refers to a thread from Muv. She has an old machine - Sterata? With a gold decal of a bearded man wearing what seems to be a lot of drapery. There is also an owl face and wings underneath. It's beautiful. Thread is old 2/26/2011. But I had to reply because she asked who he was. Great to find this place
    Welcome to the crazy place!!! Neat New Home - I have one - pretty cool insides.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Here's my 1893 Davis VF1...my second VF1. I found her locally. Not sure of her name yet...she's still in only fair condition..we are working on her, and her cabinet is damaged, as well as her coffin top. However...she's all here, including some of her attachments, and she does sew a good seam. I'm very happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 71 of 168 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 121 ... LastLast