Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machines/ Parting out several of them....... >

Vintage Sewing Machines/ Parting out several of them.......

Vintage Sewing Machines/ Parting out several of them.......

Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cizzors
Billy, do you by chance have the bobbin case and bobbin for the WW9? I'm missing the whole kit and kaboodle. Also need a belt. Serial#2638191 Thanks, Karen
PM sent
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by janethagy
I have a singer Model 15 I need a belt for. Do you have one available. Here is a pic of the machine
My mom gets her replacement belts from the local auto parts store. Check that out if you can't get it here. You may get lucky.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SherriB
I wasn't able to measure the belt that came off the machine I emailed you about. It was one long string that went around and around and held together by something wax like. Of course age made what ever the belt originally was turn to a waxy substance.

I do need a screw to hold the bobbin winder on one of my treadles. Do you need the serial number for it?
What model machine is it Sherri? a serial would be helpful but sometimes Singer numbers are off. Is it like the Red Eye pictured?
I used the wrong picture. That is my Red Eye. Here is a pic of the one with out the bobbin winder. Here is the serial/model number from the front of the machine: H1313102. If it is wrong, then the 3's ar 8's.

Bobbin winder that is missing screw to hold it on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97221[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97214.jpe   attachment-97215.jpe   attachment-97216.jpe  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:41 AM

Billy; I need bobbins and the handle for the case of my feather weight, 221K. Can you let me know if you have them and how much ? Thank you for your help.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:20 AM

I disassembled my 1901 Model 27 for cleaning. Somehow, I lost the thread guard that goes with the faceplate. I believe the Faceplate is part #8210 and the thread guard itself is #2827 (with #8505????). I'm getting the part numbers from a Price List of Parts for the model 27. The faceplate is fine, just need to get the thread guard. Do you have one of those?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tuppka
I disassembled my 1901 Model 27 for cleaning. Somehow, I lost the thread guard that goes with the faceplate. I believe the Faceplate is part #8210 and the thread guard itself is #2827 (with #8505????). I'm getting the part numbers from a Price List of Parts for the model 27. The faceplate is fine, just need to get the thread guard. Do you have one of those?
I should are you talking about the loop that holds the thread on the face plate?

Billy
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Yes. And guess what I just found out... it's riveted to the faceplate. So in order to get the thread guard, what I'll really need is the whole faceplate, right?
Oh, and dig this! I just lost the tiniest screw I've ever seen in my life. (Well, I didn't lose it, but he feels so bad about this, I won't mention who really lost it.) ;-)
This is going to be hard to describe. I had to remove the presser foot bar. So I undid the top thumb screw and removed the washer & spring. Then, I unscrewed the grub screw and removed the presser bar leaving behind the "thingy" the grub screw was screwed into. On the backside where the lifter bar jutted out, I saw a small screw in the "thingy". So I removed it in order to remove the "thingy". It is that small screw that is now MIA. I'm looking at my Parts List and the closest item that describes the "thingy" is a Presser Bar Spring Bracket (8226). It has 2 screws in it. It's the smallest screw that is now missing. (And why in the world would they have a screw in that location?! It doesn't appear to serve any purpose.) Please pardon my ignorance.
This was a great little machine...until I started to take it apart. ha-ha
Old 10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tuppka
Yes. And guess what I just found out... it's riveted to the faceplate. So in order to get the thread guard, what I'll really need is the whole faceplate, right?
Oh, and dig this! I just lost the tiniest screw I've ever seen in my life. (Well, I didn't lose it, but he feels so bad about this, I won't mention who really lost it.) ;-)
This is going to be hard to describe. I had to remove the presser foot bar. So I undid the top thumb screw and removed the washer & spring. Then, I unscrewed the grub screw and removed the presser bar leaving behind the "thingy" the grub screw was screwed into. On the backside where the lifter bar jutted out, I saw a small screw in the "thingy". So I removed it in order to remove the "thingy". It is that small screw that is now MIA. I'm looking at my Parts List and the closest item that describes the "thingy" is a Presser Bar Spring Bracket (8226). It has 2 screws in it. It's the smallest screw that is now missing. (And why in the world would they have a screw in that location?! It doesn't appear to serve any purpose.) Please pardon my ignorance.
This was a great little machine...until I started to take it apart. ha-ha
You can replace the thread loop if you want to but you have to make a small rivet out of a finishing nail or something like that. But I have the entire faceplate, it was painted black but you can soak it in lacquer thinner and it will come right off. I do not have a super nice faceplate for the 27. The tiny screw is for setting the tolerances up on the "Thingy" the presserfoot bar goes into. You really do not need to take it out but how it works is the deeper you screw it in the wider it splays the bracket out so there is no slop in the presserfoot bar bracket and the case of the machine.

I will PM you in a minute with the details but you gave a really good description of the machine and the part you needed. I knew exactly what you were talking about without having to reread anything! And I thought I was the only one that says "Dig This" LOL!!

Billy