Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vogue Stitch...

Vogue Stitch...

I bought this Vogue Stitch yesterday at Goodwill for $12.00. No manual just one foot, seam ripper, few spools old thread, and I think a stiletto. Clean, oiled, and put a Singer zz foot on it to see if I could figure out how it works. At first all I could do was zz with it but after turning the dials round every which way, etc., finally got a straight stitch. It sews a beautiful stitch, much better than any of the newer machines and old Singers I have!! It just weighs a ton. Would anyone have a manual or could tell me where to find one. I searched the web without any luck. Thanks...
    Here's what it looks like:

Vogue Stitch Model 8580

Attachment 407922

Implements
    Attachment 407929

Attachment 407930

Blog Entries
    get a vbulletin says not valid contact ADMIN. Can't bring up your pics.

Same here can't see or load pictures.

Blog Entries
    It is possibly a 15 clone. Here is a link to the clone information just in case it is a clone:
    Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up
    and just in case it might be a Japanese with zig zag or decorative stitches here are links for info:
    Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches
    or
    Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines
    I CAN tell you it is a Japanese badged machine - one of the above - there is no Vogue company that makes machines that I know of.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Probably badged for the Vogue pattern company. I've seen machines Badged Simplicity too.

Wish we could see the pics.
    Try sizing them 800x600 or thereabouts and then reposting them. Make sure they are .jpg files too. The forum system will accept others but .jpg is the most common.

Joe

I hope you can get the pictures to post for a very special reason: Santa brought me a Vogue Stitch machine in the late sixties. It has all metal parts and is very heavy, heavy, HEAVY. It has sewed well until recently, so it might need servicing. I, too, have no manual, and would love to find one. I currently use a newer Brother Innovis40 for piecing, but I don't think it is strong enough for machine quilting which I would really like to attempt. My mother told me she ordered the Vogue Stitch from Speigel. Please share your information if you find any. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    The links I sent have generic manuals that likely will work with the Vogue machines.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Also unable to view photos.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luray831 View Post
    I hope you can get the pictures to post for a very special reason: Santa brought me a Vogue Stitch machine in the late sixties. It has all metal parts and is very heavy, heavy, HEAVY. It has sewed well until recently, so it might need servicing. I, too, have no manual, and would love to find one. I currently use a newer Brother Innovis40 for piecing, but I don't think it is strong enough for machine quilting which I would really like to attempt. My mother told me she ordered the Vogue Stitch from Speigel. Please share your information if you find any. Thank you.
    If you visit the vintage sewing machine shop with a pic we may be able to help you sort out the problem.

Vogue stitch machine

Sorry about the pictures not uploading. I will try again. I hope they come through this time and will also put them on the vintage machine shop thread.

Name:  VogueStitch.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  Implements2.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  Stitches1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  94.0 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast