Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Went Out Of Town And Decided To Stop By A Thrift Store >

Went Out Of Town And Decided To Stop By A Thrift Store

Went Out Of Town And Decided To Stop By A Thrift Store

Old 09-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Default Went Out Of Town And Decided To Stop By A Thrift Store

Yes you all know where this is going I'am sure. I went to look at a treadle that I thought was going to be a wreck just from the pics, but it might have had promise. It was a wreck.

We decided to go have lunch, stop by Joann Fabrics and then go to a favorite thrift store in that area. I have been buying vintage clothes to recycle into other projects and thrift stores are a great place to find those and the glass containers for my pin cushions.

Walked down the basket isle ( I love baskets ) and there at the end of the isle were sewing machines. About 6 of them. One little machine caught my eye. She was so cute I knew I was going to buy her for sure for me to use and be a part of my collection. Into the cart she went! No case but she did have a foot controller and the manual with accessories still in her accessories box and everything looked brand new. She wasn't used much, if at all.

The other two hubby opened up and they were so clean and such pretty colors hubby bought those. We are familiar with both Whites and Morse and have lots of spare parts and a few empty tables so why not. The cases were worth more than the $20.00.

The little one is a Baby Lock Pro Lite BL 2000. Hubby named her! That surprised me because he thinks my naming them is funny but he said she looked like a Thimble-lena How cute is that?

I do not know much about my Thimble-Lena Baby Lock Pro Lite BL 2000, read many conflicting stories on the parent company. Not much info about people owning and using them. Have no idea when she was 'born' but I sure like her.

If anyone has had or has one of these would you share with me what the original case looked like?

Got her home and found out she had been crushed under other items. The take up lever was bent, The thread guides were bent, The tension spring was pulled out and stuck out floating in mid air, the race and hook in the bobbin case was stuck tight. I finally had to pry and just yank on it. It was wedged in there good. All three machines were bone dry.... She is all better and with just a few more tweeks will be like new.

So it turned into a good day but we do try hard not to buy machines too much anymore unless they just come to us like this. This is how it seems to happen for me more often than not. I know those machines were talking amongst themselves when they saw me walking down that isle. They just know, ya know.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-machinessept2015-002.jpg   sewing-machinessept2015-004.jpg   sewing-machinessept2015-005.jpg  
Old 09-05-2015, 04:33 PM

3 nice consolation prizes anyway.
Rodney
Old 09-05-2015, 04:48 PM

All three of them are so very, very pretty. You did good. And hubby also.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:08 PM

Thanks peeps, I was a little disappointed over the treadle.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:00 PM

Wow those look really nice.

I bet they're going to work great when they all get a spa day.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by DresiArnaz View Post
Wow those look really nice.

I bet they're going to work great when they all get a spa day.
That sounds great! I could a spa day, even a few hours would be wonderful...LOL
Old 09-06-2015, 03:47 AM

In my area, I think the Thrift stores have gotten smart and just post the machines online instead of setting them out on the floor. I've looked at vintage machines for the last ten years or so, and I used to see a fair number in the beginning, now not so much. Occasionally I'll see a real dog in a beat up cabinet and I've never seen six of them together all whispering "Look at me! Take me home!" That's a cute BL you got.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:34 AM

I already have about 50 machines and I would have bought them too!!!
Old 09-06-2015, 05:57 AM

I love the colors of those machines. It seems I am drawn to colorful machines.