Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What kind of machine is this?!

What kind of machine is this?!

Attachment 308124Attachment 308126Attachment 308127
    Rather, does anyone know anything about the brand "ABC Lifetime"? I purchased this at an antique store here in Birmingham and the previous owners say it will work - just needs some TLC. Would like to get some perspective on what kind of machine it is before searching out someone here in town to work on it. Anyone? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lillistaylor; 02-01-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Too many photos

I'm not sure of the manufacturer but it looks like it is a Japanese clone. There is a yahoo group for Japanese vintage machines. Possibly they could help to identify it for you. I love the color of it. I LOVE the vintage Japanese machines and they come in all kinds of pretty colors. I have several of them ....not that I 'need' that many...lol!
    ~~Cathy~~

I had 1 similar to this that was made in Japan many years ago.It sewed a lot of clothes for my girls and curtains,tablecloths etc.I can`t remember the name of it.

Blog Entries
    Those Japanese machines were mostly made in the 1950s during the Japan rebuilding period following WWII. They actually did a great job making those machines...some of them were made better than their U.S. counterparts. That's a lovely color...clean it up and try sewing on it. Look for Muv's video tutorials on oiling and cleaning. You can do much of that yourself.

Don't hire someone to work on it, you can do it yourself. These Japanese clones are relatively easy to clean and repair. Looks like yours may take cams? Did you get any cams with it?

"ain't she sweet" I just love these Japanese machines, they have so much character with their funky dashboards! The name "ABC Lifetime" probably means nothing...they put badges on them for anything and everything that was popular in North America - my Mom's was a "Remington" but they never made sewing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
    "ain't she sweet" I just love these Japanese machines, they have so much character with their funky dashboards!

- my Mom's was a "Remington" but they never made sewing machines.
    You're so right! The sewing machines that are being made today don't hold a candle to the vintage machines....at least in the "looks" dept. They all look sort of alike to me.

I have a Japanese model that is a "Toyota"
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    I have no idea, but it sure is cute!

looks like she was made in japan, very will made machine.

Blog Entries
    Turquoise is a pretty color. J J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast