Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What kind of machine is this for?? >

What kind of machine is this for??

What kind of machine is this for??

Old 06-19-2015, 09:42 AM

Default What kind of machine is this for??

Will this table work for any machine or was it made for just one kind??? It is for sale for $20.00. Thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails 00303_fol3ee7a8ko_600x450.jpg  
Old 06-19-2015, 12:17 PM

My Mom had one of these...It worked for both her Singer 401 and White machines. Both were flatbed machines.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM

I'm not sure but I think those were pretty generic. They were made for a wide range of portable machines as opposed to needing to keep a sewing cabinet in the house all the time.
Rodney
Old 06-19-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by GlendaM View Post
Will this table work for any machine or was it made for just one kind??? It is for sale for $20.00. Thanks for any help
If you look on the bottom, it should tell you the model number. I have four of this type, but none with this particular configuration. The prices I paid were from 6 to 10 dollars each. Most that I have seen were for Viking machines, but you can set any machine on them. I picked up a Viking Husqvarna workbook & manual for an electronic 6570, and inside was a folded sheet of paper for model FSL freearm sewing machine table instructions, looked much the same. It's been about 5 years since I've seen any. I would pay the $20 if it is in good shape, so many have sat outside to hold flower pots and are de-laminating. You will be surprised at how much weight these tables will support. If you do a google search, use "vintage folding sewing machine table", vintage being the key word.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Banned

This is for a portable machine in a base or case. It also works well with older sergers. $20 is a decent price and they are handy to have if you don't have room for cabinet machines.

These tables were made for specific brands as well as sold generically. There are many versions of them. Both of mine have an upscale brand name on the underside but work with most of my machines. I have this same flat bed table and a free arm version.

Cari
Old 06-19-2015, 08:52 PM

That cut out on the lifted side would be good for class 15 clones that have a slide plate that goes to the side.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:57 AM

I got one of those free with the purchase of my Viking 6440 in 1976. I have seen them for sale for a lot more in really bad shape.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Keeping my eyes open for one of these next time I go to a garage/estate sale. Hopefully no one will know what it is and I'll be able to snatch it up. Could put one of these up to another table and start quilting on a DSM.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:58 AM

I've wondered about these too, seen a couple at yard sales but couldn't figure out what machine would fit on them, neither did the sellers!