What machine is this?

Old 05-16-2014, 04:29 PM
CRO

Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
Pin rash is/are the scratches on the top of the machine. Some machines have a piece of fabric wrapped around that area as a place to stick pins, and the pins scratched the finish.
Thanks for the explanation Mark.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:41 PM

In my market Singer 15s average a little higher than other similar machines. I'd expect to see $50 to $75 on average for that machine. $100 is a little high here.
Rodney
Old 05-16-2014, 06:53 PM

The best advice I can give you is study the machines in your local market. After a few weeks you'll start getting a feel for what a good price is for a machine in your market. You'll begin to notice that some machines tend to sit forever, some machines are common as dirt, and others you'll only see once.
Rodney
Old 05-16-2014, 07:08 PM
CRO

Thank you Rodney.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:50 PM

You must be in Idaho? I am, too, and there are very few vintage machines around this area, (I have been watching for half a year or more.) And those that I have seen are higher priced than on the west coast or midwest/east coast.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 PM
CRO

yes I am. Every time I see what others pay for these machines compared to here I am shocked!!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:42 PM

It is discouraging, isn't it? But, these are wonderful machines and I would rather have one of them than the new machines being sold today. I love history, and the way things used to be made to last. I have mainly sewn on my Featherweight for the past 20 years and love it. I do mostly quilting, though, and not clothing. The desire for a backup machine is what lit my newly acquired addiction for any vintage machine.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:56 AM

I know nothing about that machine but IF it was working and IF I had the money - $100 would not be a bad price to pay for a good sewing machine. I'm just sayin'. Plus - I don't like to wait for something I really want.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:10 PM
KLO

I have a 15-91 in a cabinet that my husband bought for me. It's a nice machine. Mine is from 1945 (has an AG serial number) so this one is probably a bit newer (AH serial number). Having the tensioner towards the back of the machine makes it easier to see where/what you are sewing. It has a "screw" underneath the machine that you turn to drop the feed dogs for free motion quilting and it is gear driven so no belt to worry about and therefore is a bit of a stronger sewer also. A lot of these machines need rewiring due to deterioration of the wires so check that out if you go see it. Still, you can buy the wiring online at sew-classic.com. As I said, I like my 15-91 ... a lot! (Funny how the ad is listed at $95 then in the write up says something only $100 with tax cash. What the heck does that mean?)
Old 05-17-2014, 04:53 PM
CRO

KLO Thank you so much for your input!!
Our tax is 6% so 95 plus tax would be 100.70 I'm guessing they are rounding to 100.00