Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What makes a FW so highly sought after and ...

Blog Entries
    Because the truth is we are all still little girls (or boys!) inside and the FW is just so cute and toy like!! LOL

I agree with all of the above. Add to it the following:
    Parts are easy to find.
    Stitch is perfect.
    If you want to do something fancy, there are attachments that will let you do it. Example: Free Motion Quilting, Buttonholes, zig-zag, zippers, embroidery. Yes it means you have lots of pieces to keep track of.

However, 95% of what we do is straight stitching. This machine is perfect for that. It's my go-to machine and the one my kids want to take from me - not the complex ones or the electronic ones - just the one that WORKS!

I have 4 featherweights, 3 black& 1 tan. They all sew very well, lightweight,very portable,quiet,all metal parts,well made(not like the junk sold today).
    I had to go into the hospital for an overnight stay yesterday. I'm not really that sick, just needed to be there to have I.V. antibiotics for a staph infection.
    My featherweight fit into my suitcase along with my clothes,etc. and quilting paraphernalia and 3 bags of scraps. I sewed while waiting for my treatment to be done, got lots of log cabin blocks done. I sure got a few comments on my blocks and FW; someone wanted to know how a "toy" sewing machine could sew so well. 2 of my nurses are quilters and knew just what a FW can do.
    I got to come home this afternoon, DH was glad that there was only a featherweight in my luggage. Its a Tutto sewing machine bag that did double duty as a suitcase too.
    Sharon W.
    Last edited by purplefiend; 11-06-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added text

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3