Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What singer is this???

What singer is this???

Does anyone know anything about this Singer? It is about the size of a featherweight, but way heavier. It has a short electrical cord. I could not find any model number anywhere on the machine. I thought it was odd because I didn't know any small ones were made, other than the Featherweight of course.Name:  what singer is this.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  140.7 KB
    ​Krysti

Looks like a chain stitch machine - at least I don't see any easy way to access a bobbin. Maybe a 24?

Thank you so much! After I read your response, I googled 24--this is a model 24-80. I learned something new today
    ​Krysti

I've never seen one like that! She sure is pretty. Do you think you'll be able to get it to work?

ETA: I just watched a youtube video about this machine and it sure does move right along while sewing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqQ2i...feature=relmfu
    Last edited by cabbagepatchkid; 10-07-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    ~~Cathy~~

I've never seen on either...can you take a photo of the underside and bobbin area. Thanks.

I didn't buy it. I saw it at an antique store today. They wanted $50.00 for it, but I was just really unsure about it, as I had never seen anything like it. It was just sitting there, all by itself. No foot pedal, or anything, the cord only stuck out about 3 inches from the machine. If what I saw about the 24-80 was correct; it is a chain stitching machine like pinkCastleDh stated, and I don't believe there is a bobbin area. I may have to go back and pick her up; just because she's pretty. Any opinions on whether I should or not?
    ​Krysti

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krysti View Post
    I didn't buy it. I saw it at an antique store today. They wanted $50.00 for it, but I was just really unsure about it, as I had never seen anything like it. It was just sitting there, all by itself. No foot pedal, or anything, the cord only stuck out about 3 inches from the machine. If what I saw about the 24-80 was correct; it is a chain stitching machine like pinkCastleDh stated, and I don't believe there is a bobbin area. I may have to go back and pick her up; just because she's pretty. Any opinions on whether I should or not?
    Well DUH... what have you got to lose?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

She's a cutie! Please don't leave her there all alone! She needs a good home.

Go for it. Since she is at a antique store perhaps you could dicker them down from the $50 price. Would not hurt to try.
    Sweet Caroline