Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What Sub-Model is my 1906 Singer 15K?

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar

What Sub-Model is my 1906 Singer 15K?

I posted quite some time ago about my treadle and received much information that I am grateful for. I find the sub categories of these machines to be quite confusing. Would this be a 15K-30? There serial number is S722420.

My confusion comes from the placement of the bobbin winder. Another forum I frequent, Needlebar, of which I know many of you are members offered an in site resource of Model 15 comparisons and I have spent WAY too much time pouring over that link. I think I am just too new and too green to really understand what I am looking for in distinguishing the differences between these machines. I have looked on ISMACS and just as the Needlebar chart, the 15k30 seems most appropriate but I am just looking for confirmation. The bobbin winder looks lower to me but maybe I am wrong? I thought the 15 - 11 was also a possibility but was that model not made at Kilbowie?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Valerie Smith - Pumpkin Patch Quilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Response from Needlebar...this is a 15K - 30 I probably look like a real dope but I'm a happy girl, at least I have confirmation!

I like that treadle base. It would make a perfect set up for a on-site craft market treadle machine. Simple and lighter in weight than the regular ones.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
    <snip> I find the sub categories of these machines to be quite confusing. <snip>
    Me too!!! I do like the fact that there is so much to learn about these old machines!

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    I like that treadle base. It would make a perfect set up for a on-site craft market treadle machine. Simple and lighter in weight than the regular ones.

Joe
    Hey what a good idea! I really love this treadle, it is my favorite old sewing machine to sew on.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    Me too!!! I do like the fact that there is so much to learn about these old machines!
    There is SO much to learn isn't there? I began collecting with absolutely no intention of collecting. It is definitely addictive! I have more sewing machines than I will EVER need to sew on.

I love your base! I've never seen one with the fold out on it. That is just too perfect for FMQing! I love my 15 for that! It's such a cool little machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    I love your base! I've never seen one with the fold out on it. That is just too perfect for FMQing! I love my 15 for that! It's such a cool little machine.
    Thank you! I really love this machine too. I haven't used it yet for FM'ing, but I can tell you that the drop leaf is GREAT if for nothing else, so I have an excuse to keep this machine in my little teeny tiny house!