Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: what would you sell this for

Blog Entries
    I paid $35 for a similar size machine (a 128) in a bentwood case last December. I wouldn't sell her for less.

Just checked my semi-local Craig's list and they have some very ambitious sellers on there this week - a featherweight for $600 and a New Ideal treadle with no belt and not so good cabinet for $425. The person with the treadle had a comment in his/her ad about it being 'antique enough' for that price!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Just checked my semi-local Craig's list and they have some very ambitious sellers on there this week - a featherweight for $600 and a New Ideal treadle with no belt and not so good cabinet for $425. The person with the treadle had a comment in his/her ad about it being 'antique enough' for that price!
    I would agree, CL is all over the map on prices. Some of those people must be smoking something - it is a good place to pick up a machine for not too much once in a while. However, I have yet to pick one up for not too much that actually works in every way. I've also sold some - I price mine moderately and do ok there. Then some times a really good machine will just sit there. Go figure. I would like to know a place to sell good machines locally.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3