Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your ultimate must have machine for your collection?

Blog Entries
    I think I am all set with my dream machines, 4 Pfaff 7570's and now 6 FW's, a nolting mid arm, a Pfaff coverlock serger, and a couple of other Pfaffs, and a White I can not get to work in a cabinet, have run out of room, so NO more for me.
    dare to dream

Quote Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
    Wow that is one sweet machine! I love the lines.
    Ditto, ditto, ditto! Love the lines of the treadle irons.
    Sweet Caroline

Well, I have HALF of my ultimate must have, the head of an Eldredge Two Spool. I am still WAITING for the seller to ship the parlor cabinet, AAAARG. Long story that I will impart after the cabinet arrives.

The last, I think, additions to my collection would be a PINK Atlas and a Necchi BU.
    Sweet Caroline

My "ultimate must have machine" is a Singer 206-K With that machine I'll have a sturdy durable ZZ / SS machine that could be outfitted as a H/C, treadle, or e-machine.

Joe

Hum, I guess I have not found it yet. Guess I will have to keep looking!!! Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
    If i were ever to purchase a 'modern' more up to date machine i think i'd go with a Bernina machine. Perhaps a series 8. Lol who needs a new car any way. Hahaha. Even my truck is 'vintage', 1979 chevy 4x4 *wink*

So what machines would be your must have machine?
    I would tell you buying the series 8 Bernina was one of my worst choices. Ever. It's in the shop more than it's in its table. All of my vintage machines are much more dependable. And we're talking any of them. If my house was on fire and I could grab a few machines, I'd grab my 830Record(not the new Bernina, I would hope it got melted in the fire and the insurance would cover it) and my Singer 301 and Pfaff 1471 and 1222. Four machines and I'd be good and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    My "ultimate must have machine" is a Singer 206-K With that machine I'll have a sturdy durable ZZ / SS machine that could be outfitted as a H/C, treadle, or e-machine. Joe
    \

With this praise coming from you, I think I'll look into this machine.... My DD was asking about an "all purpose solid ZZ" before.

The only things I still want are a tan Featherweight from 1960 - my birth year, and a Bernina 930. I know both are out there and I'm not willing to pay the price they go for. I have two FWs already and I did find a Bernina 910, same era but only a few basic stitches.

I want the cabinet for my Grandma's 66, but for now my Mom has it with her 401 in it. I'll have them both eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    \

With this praise coming from you, I think I'll look into this machine.... My DD was asking about an "all purpose solid ZZ" before.
    You might want to read this first http://sewing-machines.blogspot.com/...forgotten.html I don't have this machine so I really don't know anything about it personally.....

Thank you for that. I'll stick with Joe's review.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast