Wheeler & Wilson 9

Old 08-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Default Wheeler & Wilson 9

I have just become the owner of a Wheeler & Wilson 9. I have no idea how to thread this machine and it is missing the needle plate. I also think there is something missing in the bobbin area. Can anyone out there help me. There is a long piece that lifts up on the bobbin but I see no case there for the bobbin to fit in. Help!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:16 PM

pictures please
Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM

There is no bobbin "case" like you'd find with a featherweight or model 15... that long piece that lifts is what you slide the bobbin over and then push it in to clip the bobbin in.

I don't have a manual to copy for you, I just "wing it" when I thread the machine, and so far, it works! Let me know if you need a photo...or maybe someone here has a manual they can scan for us?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 AM

I literally just saw this when searching for treadle cabinets earlier: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Antique-W...fa112dd&_uhb=1

Even if your machine does have one, should help you ID it
Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 AM

Default Wheeler & Wilson 9

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
There is no bobbin "case" like you'd find with a featherweight or model 15... that long piece that lifts is what you slide the bobbin over and then push it in to clip the bobbin in.

I don't have a manual to copy for you, I just "wing it" when I thread the machine, and so far, it works! Let me know if you need a photo...or maybe someone here has a manual they can scan for us?
Thank you Charlee, I knew you would know if anyone did. Was hoping you would respond. I had thought that might be the case, now I will have to see if I can get some bobbins off eBay. I also need the needle plate, I looked but did not see one. I will take some Pic's and post real soon. Haven;t got it cleaned up yet either. Needs a lot of cleaning Decals don't look so great but am going to try to get it to looking the best I can. I got this as a surprise to me. My friend bought it and I was with Her when She bought it. Since then She has decided She doesn't want it anymore. I had a Singer here She said She would trade for it, even so I said ok. I think the Cabinet is beautiful on this one. The number I got off the machine is 2599102, does that mean anything to you. Thanks again Charlee, I need your email address, lol. Joy
Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Congrats, enjoy!!!