Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wheeler and Wilson

Wheeler and Wilson

Has anyone heard of a Wheeler and Wilson Tredle machine? They were used in a young ladies finishing school. I purchased one but cannot locate any needles. It came with one. I have tried e-bay with no luck. Ant leads greatly appreciated.
    Life Is Like A Coloring Book. If You Don't Like The Picture, Turn The Page

"A Stitch In Time" makes a quilt

Oh Yeah, we've heard of the W&W treadle machines. They were an excellent machine. Singer bought them out in the early part of the last century and used their designs for a brief time.

They take the 127x1 needle. You might PM mizkaki here on this forum, she "might" have some or know where you might get some.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Oh Yeah, we've heard of the W&W treadle machines. They were an excellent machine. Singer bought them out in the early part of the last century and used their designs for a brief time.

They take the 127x1 needle. You might PM mizkaki here on this forum, she "might" have some or know where you might get some.

Joe
    Thank you for the info. Good to have a # to go by. The mechanic that cleaned and checked it sold me some 20X1 and said that's what his book said. They don't fit!! grrrr. Thanks again.
    Life Is Like A Coloring Book. If You Don't Like The Picture, Turn The Page

"A Stitch In Time" makes a quilt