Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: when was this made?

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

when was this made?

I came across this Kenmore # 158.882 serial# 014.068 Trying to find out when it was made and how much it's worth. It has alot of attachments and a whole box of cams. It is really heavy. It's in a unique cabinet that has a leaf top on the back side for when your sewing. Where would I look for Kenmores. What site? I tried Ismacs and nothing.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Just guessing from the description (heavy, with cams) I would say it is likely from the '60s. The only site I know about is for the Singer machines. Wish I could help, but I'm sure there are others much more knowledgable than I am.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

I just got a Kenmore 158.221 and found if u google search sears archives for Kenmore machines there is a PDF file that u can find that tells u. Mine is from 1967. Good luck

What's it worth? What you're willing to pay, is pretty much what you'll have to consider.

Kenmore had me to do---www.managemylife.com
    Carol

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    I looked it up on bing and it says it's a model Tri-span 88 from 1960's and one sold in the cabinet on ebay for $150
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day View Post
    I came across this Kenmore # 158.882 serial# 014.068 Trying to find out when it was made and how much it's worth. It has alot of attachments and a whole box of cams. It is really heavy. It's in a unique cabinet that has a leaf top on the back side for when your sewing. Where would I look for Kenmores. What site? I tried Ismacs and nothing.
    You could try joining the Old Kenmore Yahoo group. These old machine Yahoo groups have fantastic information. You do have to apply to join but it's pretty easy and quick.

Blog Entries
    Those old Kenmore's are mostly metal machines. Some of them do a lot of nice stitches - get one in a cabinet - kind of heavy to lug around much anyway. You can't buy anything like it these days. Get it and enjoy it. Think about how much you would have to pay for a new machine that would do that much. The new machines are made to last about 5 years so figure that into the price. You can also figure that one wasn't the bottom of the line when it was new. What kind of condition does it seem to be in?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill