Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Where can I download a free manual for Singer Touch and Sew 600? >

Where can I download a free manual for Singer Touch and Sew 600?

Where can I download a free manual for Singer Touch and Sew 600?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Default Where can I download a free manual for Singer Touch and Sew 600?

This weekend I bought a Singer Touch and Sew 600. Don't know if it qualifies as a vintage but will ask anyway. Didn't really know if I wanted the machine but liked the cabinet it was in. Wasn't familiar with this machine at all. Did some researching and it has metal gears-so I have decided it should be a keeper. Removed the top of the machine and can't get it back on. :<( Wanted to look at the gears. Ay help or comments are appreciated. Will try to post pictures later.
I also bought a 301-A from the same gentleman and it was in a cabinet too. Both had been stored in a warehouse and are very dirty. Started cleaning the 301-A first and it is showing kind of a mottled appearance on the bed when I am getting the gunk off. Used Goop, and sewing machine oil. Guess it won't change the ability of it to sew.
Thanks.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 AM

Janie,

The Singer site: { http://www.singerco.com/accessories/instruction-manuals } has the manual you need in a free .pdf download.

I've been told the 600s still have steel gears. I've not had one to look at though.

As for cleaning, I'd not use the Goop on the 301 or the 600. I've had weird things happen to the finish of newer machines with it, and just about ruined a red eye. Generally I use Simple Green sprayed on a rag then wiped on the machine, newer ones only. That seems to work pretty good. Others have suggested Dawn dish washing detergent diluted with water. Older (black) machines get oil and cotton balls.

Joe
Old 06-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Thanks Joe for the information on manual and cleaning. I hope t get them cleaned up, oiled etc and try them out soon.