Where do you hide them all?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Singer 306 for $5??? it would have made it home, too. Does it sew? Usually at $5 there is something messed up.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Singer 306 for $5??? it would have made it home, too. Does it sew? Usually at $5 there is something messed up.
Sews great, not a thing wrong with it. Plus it had the manual and all the cams with it and some misc fun stuff. It's a shame it didn't happen to have a penguin walking foot in there. I understand it takes a special needle and I will have to order some more of those. It did come with a few.

I sneak them in the house (much easier when there is no cabinet). Then after 5 minutes or more if someone does happen to notice it, I just say "no, I have had that for awhile now".
Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 AM

This made me bust out laughing. My sentiments exactly!
Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
I don't want to talk about it...
Old 04-23-2014, 12:29 PM

DH and i were going to build a building just for them. Instead we are building a new chicken coop. Will explain later h I will that will give me more room for machines. But i do need to get better about not buying ones I'm not looking for.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:31 PM

Ahem - mine are just everywhere and 40 more coming on Saturday... I don't know where they are going to go. CL maybe?
"40 more coming"????? OMG; that must be a record! Take group photos for us!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
"40 more coming"????? OMG; that must be a record! Take group photos for us!
nope not a record. I bought 60 something from an estate of a hoarder... I think I am close to 200 now. I'll take a group photo when I get them in the truck. This should be very entertaining.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:14 PM

nope not a record. I bought 60 something from an estate of a hoarder... I think I am close to 200 now. I'll take a group photo when I get them in the truck. This should be very entertaining.
Put my name on the Pink Atlas, Auntie Miriam! :-)
Old 04-23-2014, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
...until I noticed someone selling used shelving on a local garage sale group. <snip> So where do you keep all your sewing machines?
1. Your problem is my problem. The more I obtain, the more I have to get to accommodate them like shelving, space, tools, etc. And the spiral continues.

2. I can hide about 12 in my lockable enclosed trailer. My wife hasn't looked in there yet. The shop, studio and sunroom are overloaded. It's a sickness. I just now looked and I'm now the proud owner of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/321381013865 . Do I need it, no, but, I don't have one . And the spiral continues.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Mrs. SewNSew;6687195] I already have my eye on my youngest son's room for extra space once he moves out. QUOTE]

I have no old machines to place around. Just a word about that extra room: Sometimes children have to move back home for economical reasons! And sometimes - as in our case - grandchildren move in. We have had custody of our two oldest grandchildren for almost 10 years, so the bedrooms that were empty have been occupied for quite awhile. It was either we took them in or foster care, which we did not want. Good luck to you, though.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
Put my name on the Pink Atlas, Auntie Miriam! :-)
I'm almost dead certain there will be no Pink Atlas. I sold the one I had a month or so ago - shipped it to California. The Morse is about the same machine as an Atlas. Brother made both. I have a Kingston, a Brother 15 clone that if it were front tension would be so much like the Atlas it isn't funny. I think it is the best clone I have owned. I love the thread guides. I think I posted it on the 15 clone pages a week or two ago.

I'm guessing I'll see crap I hate - oops - swell stuff like Fashion Mate, etc... sledge hammer bait... BUT he also said there were some older machines that don't have reverse. I'm hoping they are all there - I have no idea how many machines there are. If nothing else I'll have parts - lots of parts.... I just hope they didn't fall off his truck and I hope he didn't store the machines in with the chickens and I hope a skunk didn't get in or some cat had kittens and I hope they stayed dry.... I'll know on Saturday late in the day... I posted some about it on the sewing machine shop thread earlier...

FREE Quilting Newsletter