Where do you put your tools?

Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM

I have a couple plastic boxes with little divided sections in them from Sears for needles and machine feet. I also use the little plastic baskets from Office Depot to hold thimbles, markers, seam rippers, gauges and all the little things that i use regularly and want to keep on my sewing table.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:47 AM

I keep my sewing machine attachments in large prescription bottles that I have labeled. Thank Heaven for 3M's hooks. I have those on my cabinet door (inside) and hang my scissors from that, and then I have a sweet wicker basket that my mother made several years ago and I keep my needle nose, my small rulers, my tape measure, my pencils, pens, markers, in that. I have a little shelf inside of my sewing table and I just plop that on the shelf when I am done and it is right where everything I need is. Needles, rotary cutter blades, treads, misc. stuff are in a plastic cabinet with drawers and I know where it all is. Nice drawer for keeping my tying thread. Little house, little space, works for me! Edie
Old 07-22-2014, 02:57 AM

I have several plastic shoeboxes that I use for things like this.....I can see through them so stuff doesn't get lost. My pins stay in a ceramic cereal-size bowl and that bowl sits in the plastic box for safety. The rotary cutter and other stuff also fit in the one that I use for each project as I work.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:30 AM

Frisby works for me.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:21 AM

I repurposed a tray!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484462[/ATTACH]This is the other tray I repurposed!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

I have several empty diaper wipe containers close to my machines but not on the table as I find that too annoying. I have my thread snips on a retractable key string so I don't lose them. I have 3 containers....the one closest has the things I use all the time, the other 2 further away for things that I use occasionally.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:03 AM

I just made a sewing caddy using an 8 by 11 plastic picture frame--acrylic that stands up by itself. Covered it with prequilted fabric for convenience sake, used some scraps to make two pockets, although most of my friends used three pockets. It holds scissors, rotary cutter, ripper, paint brush for cleaning, markers, screw driver, etc. Pins and needles have temporary homes in the quilted fabric. froggyintexas
Old 07-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

I have magnetic mechanics bowls at every machine and also at my computers. Get them at hardware stores. They hold pins and small screw drivers. Also have an actual tool/ sewing notions box.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

My sewing machine attachments are right near the machine they belong. Attachments for the 401 are in the top drawer of the desk cabinet it came in. The attachments for the other are in their designated area.

FREE Quilting Newsletter