Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
White 505-drop feed dogs :sew: >

White 505-drop feed dogs :sew:

White 505-drop feed dogs :sew:

Old 06-16-2017, 02:39 PM

Question White 505-drop feed dogs :sew:

Hello to all, I am new to chat groups of any type so forgive me if I don't have the right chat etiquette.

I just bought a White 505 at an auction but it doesnt have a manual. I looked up the manual on line it it said to drop the feed dogs you just released the pressure foot pressure (mounted on top) I did that but the feed dogs still go up and down and come into contact with the fabric.

I looked for a "drop feed dogs" lever every where but couldnt find one.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2017, 03:50 PM

The description sounds a bit odd, but all models are different. Double check that you have the correct manual. I couldn't find any free ones for the 505 model, only pay versions.

What exactly does the manual say? Some White models have a lever to the right of the bobbin case, some where bind the lid in the freearm. It could be a knob some where on the machine, but I didn't see anything obvious from the exterior of this model. If the accessory box is complete check if there's any feed dog cover (small metal plate). Some models have function for raising and lowering the needle plate.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:58 PM

I found the manual, regarding darning and various fabric weights it combines advice on both the pressure on the presser feet and feed dog height. It looks like there is a lever or setting with a double triagle type of indication. You just have to reread the manual on page 19.