Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: white featherweight

Blog Entries
    A member of our guild is selling hers for $450 I don't think she will get a buyer. but never know?

Quote Originally Posted by ThimbleShy View Post
    A member of our guild is selling hers for $450 I don't think she will get a buyer. but never know?
    Lord, I'd like to have another one (for a gift to my cousin), but I'll have to find a real bargain to be able to afford one. I got mine (my son bought it for me) at Goodwill, mint condition, for $50. I was very lucky! I know I'll have to look long and hard for that kind of a deal (if it ever happens), but we've just had to spend $1000 on vet bills (and lost our dog anyway), we had a very expensive emergency trip at the end of June, and a number of things have demanded and received expensive repairs, so I'm not in a position to buy one right now!

Good luck!

Frankly, I haven't used mine in a while either, but not because I don't want to!

Jeanette Frantz

The price also depends if you have the original case for it, book and accessories. A lot of the ones that I have seen for sale do not have any of the feet or the book.
    Kathleen Clendennen
    www.thequiltgal.com

Senior Member oldtnquiltinglady's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    $300 is not a bad price if you are lucky enough to run into someone who is looking for a white FW. They are really hard to come by. My kids gave me one for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I don't use it that much because it is not as good a machine as my first FW, which was GIVEN to me. I am sure they paid $300 or more for it, and had to have our local repairman do some work on it before they gave it to me. Put a price on it that you are willing to dicker on, and go from there--lots of ladies want that special FW and you'll be lucky enough to find one if you keep trying....
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
    ...we've just had to spend $1000 on vet bills (and lost our dog anyway)
    Jeanette - sorry to hear about your dog. Sometimes all that we can do isn't enough and I can't put into words how much that sucks

You are soooooooo right! Neither can I. As far as the featherweight (white), I think I'd keep it if it were me. I'd love to buy one, but I can't really afford to right now! Whatever you decided to do, I wish you the best -- hope you get your price if you decide to sell!

Jeanette Frantz

Blog Entries
    I would love to have a white one - have two black ones - paid $250 for the first one and $125 for the second one - have used them both from time to time, not sure which one I like the best - have considered selling one of them - but here they both are - still with me ...

Blog Entries
    I bought a very nice one clean and runs excellant for $200. Love it
    God is good all the time dlprecisionquilting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2