Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: White Pink Lady machine help

White Pink Lady machine help

I have a White Pink Lady Machine model 656. It works great but needs a new belt. I also have all of the accessoriesin original box, instruction book and original sales contract and warranty. There are a few scratches on it and the cabinet but nothing to bad. OK here's the problem. We have to downsize and I need to sell it to someone that would live it. I have no way to go about it or what it may be worth. I know that I need to get pictures and will have to get my daughter-in-law over to help me with that.

You won't be able to sell it for much if it needs repair/new belt. People are just not beating down the door for machines that need attention. You'd sell it faster in working condition, though you'll likely not see much $ for it, in any case as vintage machines don't generally sell for that much. In my area you'd be lucky to get $30-$40 for it needing a belt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    You won't be able to sell it for much if it needs repair/new belt. People are just not beating down the door for machines that need attention. You'd sell it faster in working condition, though you'll likely not see much $ for it, in any case as vintage machines don't generally sell for that much. In my area you'd be lucky to get $30-$40 for it needing a belt.
    Those are California prices - you wouldn't get that much around here - just donate it to Goodwill.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill