Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Why Do I Keep Rescuing Machines I Don't Need >

Why Do I Keep Rescuing Machines I Don't Need

Why Do I Keep Rescuing Machines I Don't Need

Old 05-29-2015, 03:06 PM

Rodney, I noticed yesterday at the Lewis Co PUD they have an auditorium, is it free for public use?
I've used the Longview PUD auditorium several time for local stuff. No charge, clean up when done.

Speed and full recovery my friend
Old 05-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Vancouver WA, so pretty close. We do drive up to Tacoma area sometimes and I'm going to try and get up to the TOGA in Seattle this year. I would love to talk sewing machines with other crazy people.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:07 PM

I live in an area that had 368 vintage machines on CL last week. That is not counting all the machines at the various thrift stores I visit. I have about a dozen machines that I don't use and they are taking up valuable space, not counting the money I spent on them. I did sell about 3 or 4 last year but I have many more to sell and I probably won't be able to . So it's not too hard anymore for me to pass them up. I love vintage machines, they seem to speak to me, but I tell them NO. I always figure someone else needs them way more than I do. Good Luck.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Elnan, 1962 is way too early for that machine. Probably early to mid 70s. Brother bought Jones in 1968 so that's when Jones machines started looking like Brothers.

Cari
Cari, I don't know much about Brothers. That 1962 came from the old ebay advertisement, which I've learned to take with a grain of salt. I may keep this pink lady, just because she is unusual. It does weigh a ton.