Wish I knew more

Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
I wish I knew more about repairing my Singer Touch-Tronic 2001. I just got Her out of the shop and the bill was $128.00. WOW!!!! At these prices I can't keep them up and running. The feed dogs would not move. Took Her in and a broke gear was the problem. They changed all five gears and some other things. Gave me the old parts and the bill, lol. She sews great now much smoother than before. Now if She will just keep on keeping on I will be ok. Is there a manual out there somewhere I can get so I can repair Her myself. She is a great machine and I do want to keep Her sewing. I have lots of other machines to use but this one is the easiest to use. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I am so afraid of the bobbin winding part to go bad. The lady who gave Her to me which is My Aunt told me She was told a long time ago the bobbin assembly needed to be replaced. I have no problem with it as long as I use good bobbins. If they are worn it won't work. Thanks for any help, sorry this is so long.
You can try to google the repair manual for her and see if there is one for sale. The best information I can give you as to keeping her going is to keep her clean and oiled properly. The plastic gears have a tendency to dry out and crack.