Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Working on the 'frozen' Singer 201-2 >

Working on the 'frozen' Singer 201-2

Working on the 'frozen' Singer 201-2

Old 09-02-2014, 09:46 AM

I want to know how he got that center shaft out of the machine head. And more to the point how he got it back in. There was a reference to it in the comments section but more detailed instructions would have been helpful.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
The good news is I have not yet used the gun oil. The product I bought, but have not used yet, is made by Safariland company, and is called "Breakfree CLP cleaner, lubricant, preservative" the back states " Break free CLP has a special cleaning action that breaks loose oil encrusted dirt, greasy powder fouling (made for guns remember- my editorial, not theirs), grime, and corrosion that can damage metal. It even penetrates mechanisms to displace trapped, gritty grime and free sticky, rusted, or corroded mechanisms. Do any of you have any comments about the product so I can decide if I need to return it and find good old sewing machine oil?
Gun enthusiasts encourage owners to only use any chemicals for guns only on guns. Whatever the subject is use what the machine calls for. Just like canned air don't use it on a sewing machine. I use a nylon knee high sock or any piece of loose weave fabric and put it on the end of a vacuum hose to clean my machine. It catches small pieces of non lint such as small wayward screws or pieces of needles or pins.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crocee View Post
I want to know how he got that center shaft out of the machine head. And more to the point how he got it back in. There was a reference to it in the comments section but more detailed instructions would have been helpful.
http://mysewingmachineaddiction.blogspot.com/
If you go back to the beginning she does a very detailed tear down. I just wish she would have finished the process, she was doing a very good job.

Cari
Old 09-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
http://mysewingmachineaddiction.blogspot.com/
If you go back to the beginning she does a very detailed tear down. I just wish she would have finished the process, she was doing a very good job.

Cari
Yup I wish so, too.